The People We Love...

The real people, I mean. Although I do love the characters I create in my head. Why blog about the people I love? Because they are the people who keep me pressing forward through this weird and awful and beautiful and interesting journey to publication.

There is the husband and kiddo, who deal with me every day...even on the days when nothing is going right and I want to quit.

There are my real-life friends, who lift me up when the bad days (you know, the days filled with rejection after rejection) pile up...

There are my online friends, some of whom cross over into the realm of real-life friends...these are the people I turn to first when the bad news comes. Why? Because, even though my real life friends are sympathetic to rejections and encouraging when rewrites are requested...they don't truly understand the writing journey that I'm on.

And, okay, I'll add in my fiction people, too...because I can always count on my characters and books to keep life interesting!

So, to all of the people that I love, both real and fictionalized, an Irish Blessing for you all on St. Patrick's Day...

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.

May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.

May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.

May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Comments

  1. Nice post, Kristi, and Erin go bragh to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,
    One of my best friends in the world...and we've never met face-to-face.
    The person I always turn to first when I have writing news, good or bad!
    Happy St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post kristi! very nice. =)

    carrie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment