Tuesday, April 6
Another Day, Another Cowboy
I'm at a crossroads.
I decided after much soul searching--okay not that much--but seriously, a lot of thought, to put down the manuscript that is giving me such fits. I'm not quitting it. Oh, no. Not after all the sweat, blood and tears I've put into it. But I figure a few days or weeks or months on the back burner won't kill me.
But that leaves me the question--what do I work on?
Let's see. There's The Cowboy's Baby. Nah.
An editor at Wild Rose Press expressed some interest in A Cowboy to Keep. Almost an entire new book if I pick up that one. Nah. Don't want to rewrite it right now.
My latest one, A Cowboy Christmas?
Hmmm. Maybe. The CPs liked that one.
However, I think it's the looooonnnggg winter we've had here, but I don't feel like working on a winter story right now.
Rescued? Another winter story. No cowboy in it.
Larkspur could work. A cowboy hero with a dead wife and a mystery to solve....But I failed to do my research before I started (I hate research!) and I've hit a wall in chapter two.
That's the ticket.
Do I have time to write a new manuscript before the deadline for the Molly? Maybe not.
I think I'll lay all my undone manuscripts in a pile on the table and draw one out. That'll be the lucky winner!
Although this picture gives me an idea.... The Molly deadline's what? Five weeks away?