The End



This week has been a good week.

First, I got a new car over the weekend. If you'd seen what I was driving before you'd know what a momentous occasion that was. I'd been driving my old car with a partially busted head gasket and loosy-goosy ball bearings for over a year. I couldn't go on the freeway and since I live in a PNW metro area, that at times, was a hindrance. Really, I was driving a death trap, if not for me, than someone else.

And then Monday night, I finally was able to write "The End" on my manuscript. Yes, I finally finished Bix's first story. But, like the picture to my right says, the end is just a new beginning.

So, now I'm editing and culling. I topped out at 95K which for a YA contemp with snarky undertones is a little much. I've cute about 4K in the last two days. I'm hoping to get the remaining 200 pages done today and then it's off to my beta readers.

I've finished about five books before this one and I've never been as invested in them as I am with Bix. I loved them but I didn't take the time to edit and rewrite properly and once I received a rejection or two, I gave up. Usually I was enchanted with a new story that had captured my attention--think raccoon with a shiny object, but this time I'm determined to make Bix the shiniest object out there.
,

Comments

  1. I wanna read! I wanna read! :)

    Congrats on finishing...and good luck with revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi, I can send you the semi-final when I'm done with edits if you want.

    I was stoked Monday night I had a hard time sleeping. It just felt too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been attracted to shiny objects. Hope one day you'll share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you. But if I recall, this is but Book 1 in a series. Dont' put Bix away for too long....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi,
    Oh he's not going away. I've written the first chapter in the second book, Son of a (missing)Gun. And I already know some of what happens in it.

    Em--thanks for stopping by.You are like our number one fan. It's always so great to read your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Margie! Can't wait to see it on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!

    Can't wait to read it! Can't wait to see it on bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment