This picture is of my daughter Brandi's mare, Lantana. I love this picture because of the way Lantana's ears are up and she's looking ahead, down the trail. She's excited about what's coming up, looking forward to seeing what's around the bend.
I know how she feels.
I feel this way about writing lately.
A lot of exciting things are happening and I feel good about them.
1. I have a full out at Supers. It has been there awhile and this is a good thing, I think.
2. I'm almost finished with Branded. I'm really getting excited about tying the plot threads together. I'm anxious to do some revisions that will make the book better. And I'm ancy to get done and move on to the next thing.
3. For a long time, I didn't have a place I felt comfortable. Now I do. It was there all along. I'm a contemporary western suspense writer. Period. That's my brand. I always had it, I just never named it until I began introducing myself, and there it was!
4. I have several projects in mind. Sunny? Burn? Or start something thing brand new? I can't decide yet. The possibilities are endless and I'm jumping to get to them.
5. For the first time ever, I'm considering self-pubbing an old manuscript or two. A couple of writers who I really admire are jumping in, and they're encouraging me to do it, too. The water is looking a little more inviting all the time.
6. I feel the future of publishing is actually brighter than a lot of people do. With all the options, there's a place for everyone. If not the Big Six, then self-publishing or e-publishing.
I could keep going, but for now, these are the trails I'm looking down. I'm anxious to saddle up and ride.
What excites you about writing?