2) When it's hot out--like it has been recently--I like to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed.
3) My dad was a cook/baker/cake decorator in the Navy for 20 years. And I always had the best birthday cakes. One year he made me a Dennis-the-Menace cake.
4) My sisters are my best friends.
5) My staple snack is cinnamon Jelly Bellys. I ALWAYS have them on hand.
6) I have never been drunk in my life. Mostly because I hate the idea of throwing up.
7) On that note, Jordan is lucky to be here as I had morning sickness throughout my first pregnancy.
8) I was a fearless monkey growing up--climbing trees with wild abandon or scaling cliff sides. Sometimes I miss that girl.
9) I played softball from age 10--into my thirties. We stopped sponsoring a team when
Kristen started playing tournament ball. I still love watching softball--especially my daughter--and apparently writing about it--as my current WIP will attest.
10) My idea of a fun night is playing games with my mom, my sisters, and our kids. Current faves include: Dicecapades, Tenzi, and our perinnial go-to, Phase 10.
11) My all-time favorite show is Alien Nation. But my comfort shows are: Bones, Felicity, and Friends. My newest obsession is The 100.
12) I write my first drafts on graph paper. Mostly because it doesn't feel like a commitment.
13) I have been "in love" with Kevin Costner since Silverado. Sometimes I have flirtations with the likes of Scott Foley, Ryan Reynolds, or George Clooney. But in the end, my heart belongs to Kevin. And maybe Hugh Grant.
14) I love watching Nate Ruess from Fun. perform. He makes me smile and I love his energy and that voice!
15) I have always been sure about two things in my life--that I was meant to be a mother and a writer. And I am so blessed to have been both. I may not be a published writer, but I know that day is coming. And my daughters and their father are the lights of my life.