Dreaming...Take Two



I know I wrote about dreams last week, but I'm still kinda stuck on them. Because two things happened since then--both happened because of that post, I think.

The first one is that my sister, Debbie, who is two years younger than me shared that she has the same reoccurring dream about the same house that I do.

When she told me, we both started describing the house and the room together...and it is, in essence, the same room.  How weird is that?

So, did we actually happen upon this house with the huge hidden room in our childhood and it stuck with us?

Are our dreams connected? Or did we happen upon this house in a previous life that we shared? The possibilities are endless, but provocative.

The second thing that happened is that Tuesday morning, I woke up from a vivid dream. But, it was more like I was watching a movie. And the first thing I did when I woke up was type this into my phone.

From a dream:

I wove my way through the crowd to his table where he sat alone. He looked up, the brim of his hat shadowing his face.

"Why aren't we dating?" I leaned in so I could see his eyes and read his reaction.

"What? You're dating my---"

"No." I stopped him, moving in closer with each word. "Why. Aren't. We. Dating?" Lightly, I landed on his lips.

His arms tightened around me. As he deepened the kiss, I saw visions of a future. Our future.

Startled, I jumped back. Like the girl who touched the Tomorrowland pin, I was surprised to see a world I didn't recognize, but knew in my heart to be true.

He pulled me back. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and fell into his embrace. "Just surprised. Happily surprised." And his lips neared mine again, I knew--without a doubt--I'd finally found my home.

Corny? Maybe. But, as I reread that entry, I remember the passion and love in that kiss to a stranger.

And on Tuesday, I wrote chapter three of my WIP. Yesterday, I started chapter five. Because this dream inspired the passion to finish this book. It infused the passion within.

And whenever I read that segment, I am inspired all over again to write some more. Dream some more.
 



Comments

  1. I never seem to have vivid enough or coherent eough dreams to remember. I sometimes wake disturbed and know dreaming is the cause, but never remember beyond that. And I wouldn't mind having some dream help with these revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a powerful passage, Margie! Sounds like it could be the start of something.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Liz. Sometimes I awake from a dream and I know I'm sad or happy or frightened but I never remember enough to know why.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment