October Glee!


 Today I woke up to a low mist and chill temps. Welcome October! God, how I've missed you.

There are so many things I love about October that I'm going to tell you them in no particular order.

The amazing colors--rich reds, oranges and yellows. Only in October do we describe red in so many variations. Cranberry, cherry, maroon, burgandy, wine...

The piles of pumpkins and squash surrounded by dried stalks of corn when you go to the grocery store.

The sounds--crinkly leaves, tapping rain, whispering winds, and the call of geese and ducks as they fly overhead going south.

 The smells--burning leaves, spiced cider simmering on the stove, and chili soup.

Fall storms--After this year's hot, hot--too hot--summer, I'm ready for heavy rains and strong winds. And I hope they come when I can sit and watch out my window. I've been known to open our patio door so I can  get a real good listen and view.

The new TV season and the beginning of the Oscar race. Love it when my old shows go back and I get  chance to meet some new ones. And I love when the movies take a turn from Summer fluff to Fall finesse.

There's so much more I could come up with, but I'd like to get this posted before the first is over. So, tell me, what's your favorite part of October?





Comments

  1. Pumpkin flavored everything!! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anti-Nan. LOL. I had a pumpkin spice granola bar--OMG--so good. I have to find them for myself. The pumpkin Oreos kind of scare me though :)

      Delete
    2. OMG! Ava--you clearly need therapy, baby! I can probably get a 2-fer for you and Lizzie at some clinic somewhere... Yikes! For what it's worth, I did eat pumpkin flax granola for breakfast this morning--it has pumpkin seeds, no pumpkin flavor...

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes, Ava, you have it right! Margie, I agree with you about the Oreos--I haven't tried them. But I'm not a big Oreo girl anyway. Everything else you mentioned about October: yes!

      Delete
    4. If the Oreos were offered in a single package, I'd probably try them. I just don't want to commit to an entire package. LOL

      Delete
  2. I like pumpkin, but only in pie...and I reserve that for Thanksgiving Day. All day long. :) But I do love the crunching of leaves as we walk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also do like Husband's dairy-free, sugar-free pumpkin pie---sounds dreadful, but it's really good...well, good for something made from pumpkin. ;-) I love the leaves and the colors and the crisp air and apples--apple anything!!

      Delete
    2. There are apples aplenty--all sorts and varieties--here in Washington. :)

      Delete
    3. My grandson (works at an orchard) brought me Sweet 16s. They're wonderful!

      Delete

Post a Comment