by Margie Senechal
I have to say we're entering my favorite time of year. I always say that the beginning of a new season is my favorite, but if I had to choose, it would come down to fall. And here's why.
1. The colors. I love the deep reds, peaches, and yellows. Living in the Evergreen State, we still have a lot of green blended in, but still...
2. The decor. I love me my bats, witches, black cats, and jack-o-lanterns.
3. Baking cookies. It's been too hot to bake in recent weeks, and I missed it. Yesterday I baked Soft Ginger Cookies and my house smelled so good--like fall. And my co-workers are going to be so happy to see me this morning as I always bake double batches to share. Imagine if I'd known this in high school, I might have been popular. :)
4.Rain. Wind. Storms. More rain.
5. New TV season starts. It's not as bad as it was when I was a kid when summers were filled with only reruns and we didn't have HBO yet. And while I love some of my summer shows; The Last Ship keeps us on the edge of chairs every Sunday night, Brain Dead is wonderfully ironic and has the best opening sequence, and Stranger Things was just creepy fun.
But, this fall season I'm looking forward to Timeless, Keifer Sutherland as the President, and a new dude on 24.
6.The election winds down. After 18 months of insanity, we'll finally go to the polls. God have mercy on us all.
7. Cuddling in blankets on the couch.
8. Bazaars. I have to wait until early November, but I love bazaar season here in Clark County. I get ideas of things I can make--coasters, anyone??? I usually run into a friend here and there, and I get to hang with my favorite peeps, my sisters, daughters, and mom.
9. New coffees at Starbucks. Or returning favorites. Everyone and their mother is eagerly awaiting the debut of Pumpkin Spice, but I'm eager for the return of Egg Nog and the Gingerbread loaf.
10. Movies. Okay, so there are movies all year around. But, Bridget Jones is back! And with McDreamy! Be still my heart.
SO, that's my list this Thursday. Let me know what you're looking forward to this fall.