My Reading Challenge

by Margie Senechal

Something happened on the way toward my read fifty books in a year commitment.

I rediscovered my love of reading. And discovered new genres that I'd been missing out on. I'd like to say the latter was because of the read/watch challenge, but I basically abandoned that one in March or something.

So, for the fifty book challenge, I am currently reading books 40 and 41--one on my Kindle and one hardcopy. That's the other thing I discovered--I like reading "books" again. For the past few years, I've been pretty tied to reading on my Kindle app via my phone. But, now I'm sharing the love.

One of the reasons for that is because I joined a book box club, Once Upon A Book, and KB joined Owlcrate. So, each month we're getting books delivered to us. Seems silly and wasteful to let them just sit there. 


The crates are also instrumental for my discovery of new--or previously ignored--genres and authors. 

My new favorite subject, I guess, are circus books. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern has been in my top five favorite books since I read it years ago. But, I didn't know that I'd enjoy others so much--like Caravale which KB received via Owlcrate, or The Life She was Given which I heard about through Great Thoughts'Great Readers Facebook group. 

Two months and ten books to go. Wish me well. 

May your Thursday propel you into a wonderful weekend! 

Comments

  1. Wow, Margie, I'm so impressed. You've read almost twice as many books as I have. I have no doubt you'll make it to 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana. You've been a little busy with your own series of books this year.

      Delete
  2. I am looking at the box book club for next year for bebe --- and, you know, me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine. Once Upon a Time sends gifts that you open on certain pages that correspond with what you're reading. And they keep getting better at it.
      Owlcrate does like theme boxes and we enjoy checking those out when they come.

      Delete
  3. You're kicking it, Margie! I've never heard of the box book club--that sounds cool, except I just got rid of a ton of books in an attempt to declutter and I pretty much read exclusively on my Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been sharing them with friends when I'm done and if I get them back, I know a couple of people who have free libraries in their front yard and I donate them. Someday I want to put up a little free library in front of my house.

      Delete
  4. Good for you! I think you may end up being the Wranglers' champ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I'd known there was a competition involved, I'd be done. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment