Taking Moments for Sanity

Image result for heather webber author
Sometimes I hate my computer. I had half this written--okay, a quarter--when my computer all it's own, pasted a long review and then gave me so much hassle in deleting it, that it was quicker to exit, not save, and start over. Ugh.


This week, Spring is in the air. It got up to 60, the sun was shining, my bleeding hearts have broken through the carpet of dead leaves, and my clematis is budding. Sometimes when I get home, I like to open my car door and just listen to the peacefulness of life--a lawn mower in the distance, the snap of the flag against the pole across the street, the songs of birds I can't identify...after a day or retail, it's exactly what my soul needs.

Our wash machine/drain is having issues so I had to take a couple loads to the laundromat. KB and I found a great one within a couple miles of the house. It's got an auto-open door, is clean, and monitored. I actually like laudromats because I can take a book and just read without thinking about anything else. Right now, I'm reading Midnight at the Blackbird Café, which I'm loving. Magical Realism is my literary escape and first love, I do believe.

Wednesday is my sister's surgery. My co-worker Lupe traded with me so I can be there to support not just my sister, but my mom. I'll probably take a book and a notebook, but we'll probably end up playing Phase 10. Because we take those cards everywhere. It's a sickness, I'm sure.

Okay, I have to go start my car because it's frosty out and dry my hair. Blame my computer for the short post. I do. 

Have a great weekend and find your own moments of sanity.




Comments

  1. Prayers with your sister and your family, Margie. Hope you're doing well at Phase 10, too. Our vice is Farkle, for which I blame Nan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farkle is definitely addicting as well. I don't win as much at it as I do Phase 10. lol And thank you for the prayers.

      Delete
  2. Angel wings around your sister, Margie, and your washing machine, for that matter. We are addicted to Phase 10 at the lake--we play it with our buddy, Moe and she and Jim are very competitive. They're fun to watch. I take full responsibility for Liz and Duane's Farkle addiction. Too fun!! ;-) I'm going to go find Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe--I could use a little magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't we all use a little magic? LOL I'm kind of bummed because I stayed up last night and finished it, so now it's over. Book hangover. It was a great read.

      Did you know there's a Phase 10: World Tour app? Okay, I'm a little addicted to that as well. LOL

      Delete
  3. I wish the best for your sister, Margie. My brother is facing surgery next week so I know what you're going through.

    I had to chuckle when you talked about all the signs of spring in your neighbourhood. Not even close here in the Great White North. Actually, it's supposed to snow this afternoon. It will likely be late April or May before I see any life coming from my bleeding hearts and clematis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your brother's surgery goes as well as my sister's did :)

      Delete

Post a Comment