Good Reads

The second best thing to writing something truly amazing, is reading it. So, here's a few books I've read recently that gave me pause and inspired me to reach higher in my own writing.

Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Have you ever really listened to the lyrics of Scarborough Fair and realized how impossible the tasks would be to compete? Werlin spins a magical love story revolving around those lyrics.

The Hate List by Jennifer Brown
A school massacre and the shooter's surviving girlfriend. She helped compose the hate list that ends up being the motive for the crime. Was she a conspirator, a victim, or a hero? Brown explores these questions and so much more in her powerful debut.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
I couldn't put The Hunger Games down and Collin's sequel is a worthy follow up. I love Katniss, the triangle between her, Peeta, and Gale, and the evil president from the Capitol. Let me tell you, I can't wait for the conclusion.

From my to-be-read soon pile:
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown--already purchased and waiting for a free block of time
Rampant by Diana Peterfreund--killer unicorns, enough said.
What Would Jane Austin Do? by Laurie Brown--ghosts, time travel, and Jane Austen...sounds like fun

Comments