Ten things I love about writing...
1. I can create my own world, complete with people I love, places I do or do not know and the story I alone envision.
2. Working in my PJs, or underpants, if I feel like it.
3. As an unpublished writer, no bosses. That changes upon publication.
4. The joy of knowing when a scene comes together. There's just nothing like the feeling of knowing you wrote a great scene.
5. The End. An even better feeling.
6. I set my own hours. I like to write until 3:00 AM. Sometimes I want to write while General Hospital is on, sometimes I don't.
7. Really awesome writer friends who "get it" when I talk about my people.
8. The smell of a completed manuscript. Yeah, smell of new paper and fresh ink.
9. The feeling of a request. There's nothing like the feeling when you get a request, yeah someone wants to read my book!
10. Critique partners. Lots of mine have transcended into friends. Lifelong friends. I can't beat that.