Do You Believe in Karma?


"Karma is alive and well and she's a bitch you don't want to fuck with."
---Blake from Ella Ever After
 
Working on my story today got me thinking about karma. Good or bad, I definitely think it's real. I've always believed that what you put out in the universe comes back to you. And sometimes it comes back twice as hard.
 
I'm not going to lie. I don't wish sunshine and rainbows to everyone I meet. I'm not a saint. I once wished a policeman that gave me a ticket got a bad rash in his nether regions. I work in dermatology. Rashes are my thing. So what if I was in the wrong? But I quickly took it back. The last thing I want is a rash down there.
 
Okay, back to the point. I try not to put bad things out there, or mistreat people. Even people that aren't nice to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm no one's doormat, but I'm not a mean person either. Well, I may be mean to the villains in my stories, but they always have it coming, and I give nice happy endings to my h/h after being mean to them. But to living, breathing people I try to stay positive. And I'm really careful about what I do. The last thing I want is to be pimp slapped by karma.
 
What about you? Do you believe in karma? Or is she a myth to you?
 
BTW, the really cool shirt pictured above was designed by my sister and brother-in-law, true belivers in karma. 
 

Comments

  1. I like the shirt--don't know how I feel about, or if I completely understand, karma. I am just unbelievably Pollyanna-ish but don't know if that's a healthy respect for karma or that I'm just...happy most of the time.

    Fun post, Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe you're just happy most of the time :) Karma is the belief that what goes around comes around. Or pretty much reaping what you sow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a karma believer, but I'm also a generally optimistic person. I get mad - I get really, really ticked off, actually - but it doesn't last long. I don't like being angry or the energy it takes being mad at someone or something. That probably does make me a little bit Pollyannaish, as Liz said, but it also comes from believing that good things happen when you put good out there...same with the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally believe in the concept of Karma. But I also believe in the Golden Rule--which if you think about it, kind of goes hand-in-hand with Karma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My take on karma is what goes around comes around. I beleive that wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in Karma... Jerks tend to draw negative attention. "If you live by the sword, you die by the sword." That sort of thing. And if you have a happy outlook on life, life just feels happier, even if you are in the exact same circumstances as a miserable person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe in karma. What goes around comes around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment