I'll be Seeing You

Well, I've finally done it. I've finished the story that I've been working on for...oh hell, I don't remember. The synopsis is done, the re-read is done, polishing etc. I have no idea why it has taken me so long to get it all on paper. It's the shortest story I've written to date. Maybe because the heroine was all over the place. I had to rein her in quite a few times. I also had to deal with her abuse issues. Her husband was a real piece of work.

The hero didn't know how to handle her at first. He had absolutely no filter. He had a bad habit of blurting out what was in his head. He had to learn when to hold his tongue.

But the two finally came together beautifully. My heroine realized that she is a strong woman who is worthy of love, and that her relationships, good or bad, didn't define her. And my hero finally experienced the power of true love.

Although these two have been the bane of my existence for quite some time now, I'll miss them. maybe I'll see them again sometime. In another story.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing, Shawn. What a battle it is sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Shawn! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that feeling - knowing that a book has come together so well is such an accomplishment...but it's bittersweet because then we can't 'see' those characters every day, like we're used to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment