A Day In My Life

This is going to be really short. My alarm goes off at 5:51 in the morning and I hit the snooze button. At 6:00 a.m. I drag myself out of bed and head into the bathroom to get ready for work. At 6:45, I'm out the door and in my car, where I sit in traffic until I get to the day job somewhere around 7:45. I leave the day job around 5:00 and sit in traffic until I get home, between 6:20 and 6:45. On a really bad day, I get home about 7. I open my front door...to my screaming grandchildren. That's right folks, the nest is no longer empty!


My brain is completely scrambled by 8:00. Notice I haven't mentioned writing yet. It's about this time when I realize I haven't eaten. Okay, dinner at eight. I open my phone and check my e-mails. The little voice in the back of my head yells for me to write. Sometimes I open the laptop to stare blankly at the screen. Sometimes I tell that little voice to shut up. Either way, I can't think. Hubby is trying to talk to me, daughter and grandchildren want my attention. Sigh.  At ten p.m. I think about heading for bed but don't make it up the stairs til after eleven. I get in bed. Sometimes I sleep, sometimes not.





Comments

  1. Hugs to you, Shawn. I know this isn't the best of times--I hope they come back soon. Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs from me, too. Man, that's a long day. I hope you get to write again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs))), Shawn. Hoping for some relaxation and 'me' time in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Group hug! It's too bad your drive home is frought with traffic. I used to have a 30 minute drive and that was how I unwound but it wasn't in traffic. I now have a 20 minute drive and a lot of times I can get my character's talking so when I get home I can jot down some notes of dialogue. But when I've done traffic, forget about it--which is why I'm glad I don't work in Portland. Agh.

    Hope you get a light for your tunnel soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment