Endless Winter






This winter has been endless. Long, cold, gray and dreary. So, I’m telling you what you already know, right?


I don’t ski, snowmobile or toboggan. I don’t enjoy the cold. In short, I’m a hot weather, summer loving gal. I love to ride horses, to piddle in my flower garden and to take photos of the mountains around me.


I’ve recently discovered most of my stories are set in the summer months. There are a couple exceptions, but the majority of them take place during the summer. It’s easier to be romantic in the warmth of summer, I think.


Yeah, yeah, I know. Ski lodges and all that.


But for me, riding, picnics, skinny dipping in lakes-- these all spell romance. Barbeques, the Fourth of July, street dances and fairs. Oh, yeah, baby. All of these things beg for stolen kisses.


Cold feet. Runny noses. Coughs.


Not romantic.


Or maybe I’m just fed up with this endless winter and have forgotten fireplaces, hot chocolate and snuggling under warm quilts?


 

Comments

  1. Amen tot hat, sister. This has been one long dreary winter. Keep your chin up - spring will arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm sick of it too. It's a never-ending nightmare of polar air and wind. We need green grass, leaves, and flowers, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you D'Ann. I hate winter, and this one has just ticked me off! My stories also take place during the summer months. Much more romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for being fed up. This winter is just unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I've talked to is fed up with winter. The weather has been horrible, too cold and dangerous snowfall. I love my fireplace and snuggling under the covers but not the coughing or the sniffles. I'm certainly done with hiding inside under six layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree too, D'Ann! I'm very tired of winter. Taking walks on a treadmill even with the TV going is just plain boring. I love the outdoors and am tired of ice and snow. The days have started getting longer but not warmer. But Valentine's Day is coming! I'll write a blog about romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look forward to your Valentine's Day blog!

      Delete
  7. D'Ann, I'm right there with you. This winter has been one Nor'easter after another. We have another one barrelling down on PA on Thursday. As for me, most of my books are set in the warmer months too. Spring, Summer, Fall. The only 2 have set in winter are my vampire books, but I did that for a reason--- long nights and gray days are perfect for vamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love t spend winters like this in Hawaii lol. In Texas we've had the weirdest coldest winter in over 20 years. My aunt and I decided that the person that opened the door/gate, whatever, to the poar region needs to close it and lock it back. We're supposed to get warmer weather tomorrow through Tuesday got my fingers crossed for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. D--we had five days and I was done! Yay for the rain to wash it all away.

    As for when my books are set, I think it's usually the fall and spring. How odd. But I think it's because I write YA and the fall and spring are when the lives of teens change. Fall brings the beginning of a new school year and Spring brings the beginning of the end of the school year.

    Stay warm, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. D'Ann, I'm with you on this winter. We have had weeks where we didn't reach above the teens. Brrr! It's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. I hope the weather people know what they're talking about for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment