1 While I love the beach, riding in a boat, and staring at the Gulf of Mexico for hour after mindless hour, the truth is that I’m white-knuckle terrified of water. I need a Valium (or many, many bubbles) to step into a bathtub with more than six inches of water in it.
2. I have seven grandchildren. They are perfect. I call them the Magnificent Seven. What’s that you say? Oh, you did know that. I’ve mentioned it—how many times?
3. I am an extreme morning person.
4. I want to visit all 50 states and I’ve only been 30 (and that’s counting the airport in Phoenix as a state). I’m not sure I’m going to make it.
5. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I don’t care how commercial it’s gotten—I love every minute of it.
6. In 2001 I stopping smoking because I wanted to see my grandkids grow up. It was the hardest and best thing I ever did for myself.
7. I like rum and Coke with a twist of lime. I also like slushy strawberry margaritas—but those are out-with-girlfriends drinks.
8. My favorite trip ever was to Ireland.
9. On Wednesday, once a month, I have lunch with people I’ve known ever since first grade. We call ourselves the Wednesday Women, and their friendship is one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever had.
10. There was a poll on Facebook this week, wherein author Molly O’Keefe asked if you’d rather live in a large city or a small town. I couldn’t answer—I just kept thinking Town? because I live in the country and I always want to.
11. That being said, New York City is the most exciting place I’ve ever been.
12. My favorite songs in the world are “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” “Amazing Grace,” and “Desperado.” I have about 200 in second place.
13. I haven’t read my favorite book yet, so I’ll keep trying.
14. My husband and I have been married 43 years. He’s still my hero.
15. The song “Puff, the Magic Dragon” makes me cry every time I hear it.