I'm reading Courtney Milan--how about you?

Being in exactly the same position as Shawn was on Friday, I'm here to say I have nothing to say. So...what are you reading these days?

I'm reading a new-to-me author, Courtney Milan. I recommended her to my daughter because Kari will read anything Regency or thereabouts, and Ms. Milan had a book on Bookbub or somewhere really cheap. "Give her a try," I told Kari, knowing my teacher daughter reads all summer long--which isn't very long these days, but that's her story, not mine. "Thanks a lot, Mom," said Kari a few weeks later, when she was on her fourth or fifth Milan title. "I can't afford any more of your recommendations, but I can't stop reading these."

So I thought I should read one of them, too. Yeah, right. One. I admit, I burn out easily on most series, but the Brothers Sinister is pretty...well, wow. I love characterization, and I think I'm not bad at it, but Ms. Milan makes me look like a first grader. I would resent this, and maybe I will someday, but not till I finish her books. The cool thing is that I've got several to go!

Okay, you're up. What are you reading and what do you think of it?


Comments

  1. Love Letters From Largs by Keira Montclair. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not a new-to-me author, but since 2 of the 3 books in the series are out, I've started Nora Roberts' The Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy. LOVING it! And I picked up a LOT of books at RWA, I'll report back when I've had a chance to read some of them, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first one--it's not my favorite series of hers, but, good heavens, she has so many to choose from and even the "not favorites" are good!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading Blue Falcon by Tia Catalina. Wonderful suspense with a touch of romance. Sabrina Jeffries latest is waiting on my self, but before that I'm going to read Jim Cangany's Fallen Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished Cheryl Strayed's (Wild) book of advice columns from The Rumpus. It is called "tiny beautiful things" and it is one-of-a-kind. Now I'm finishing my friend Marjorie Thelen's space opera romance, funny: "A Far Out Galaxy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up my friend Brenda Dyer's Love's Prophecy last night...it's next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading Killer Cupid by Maeve Christopher. It was a freebee, and it's a little hard to follow, but it's holding my interest:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Amandine, by Marlena de Blasi. Her prose are gorgeous and lush and her characters are so brutally honest. It's like lavender. Earthy and true. I would also recommend Liane Moriarty if you haven't read her yet. She's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading some older Jayne Ann Krentz. She really knows how to keep a reader turning pages! Oh, and if you like Courney Milan, have you read Tessa Dare? The two started out together, and I think you'd like Tessa's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashantay. I'm not sure if I've read her or not, but I'll give her a try.

      Delete
  10. Reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Liz! I read The Governess Affair. Enjoyed it. Courtney has a way with the unusual heroine, don't you think?

    I'm currently finishing up Women Heroes of WWI by Kathryn Atwood for the publisher. Will be reviewing it next week. Excellent book and told me so much I didn't know about WWI and the women who left traditional roles and became spies and protesters and fighters. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so good, Joan. I never think of reading that time period, but I'll bet it's good.

      Delete
  12. I'm in-between books right now, but the best book that I recently finished was Liane Moriarty's Big Little Lies. Pretty much anything by Liane is on my must-read now list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read her--you're not the first one I've heard mention her name.

      Delete

Post a Comment