Totally Blank

Yep, that's me. For the last few days, I been completely blank. My imagination has been dry. I've started many stories, one is more than half done, but I can't finish any of them. None of my characters want to come out to play.

Yes, this has happened before. And I'm sure it will pass. But, right now, my well has run dry. Maybe I'm trying too hard. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I remember the good old days, when I could crank out a chapter a day. Some of them were good, some not so much. But I could always fix the not so good parts.

I keep remembering you can't fix a blank page. But what do you do if you have absolutely nothing to put on the page. What do you do when your mind is as blank as the page?

Comments

  1. It's really hard, but sometimes you just have to pick something out of the air and go with it. It may not be good, but it's forward motion and will help you to find the good. So says Yoda Flaherty. :-) Hugs, Shawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doodle. But then I write my first drafts by hand. So, when I can't think of anything to write, you'll find a lot of Xhouses. You know when you draw the outside of a house with and X inside without lifting your pencil or retracing a line?

    For some reason, just doodling helps free up my thoughts and pretty soon I'll find myself writing. The other trick is to drive somewhere by myself so I can let my mind wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment