Thursday, March 31

Finding Happy

by Margie Senechal

In junior high, Mr. Ray, my journalism teacher, wrote this is in my yearbook, "Strive to be happy."

The fact that I don't remember anything anyone else wrote tells you how much that statement has meant to me over the years. 

So, this week, I thought I'd share some things that have brought me happiness.

The Sun. For a few days, the rain has abated and the sun is shining. As I write this, I hear a lawn mower in the distance, birds chirpping, and the light rustle of leaves on the trees. And it's supposed to be 75 today! What a good week to have Thursday off instead of Tuesday.


The Renaissance Faire is coming back to Oregon. I actually enjoy this more than the county fair--it's just a great atmosphere. 

On Easter my sister baked a ham and there was enough leftovers for me to take home and make ham salad for sandwiches. I was so excited for lunch the next day that I actually thought, "Ham salad shouldn't make me this happy." But, why not? 

The trailer for Me Before You. Yes, I saw it when it came out on the internet, but this week I saw it in the movie theater--and really, there is something to be said, about seeing things in the dark, on a huge screen, with lots of people around you. Ohhh--I loved the book and the movie looks amazing.


And finally, Disney Lego Minifigures. Seriously. I am so excited about these. There's not one in there that I don't want. 

And lastly, because finally wasn't enough--I'm happy that I finally came up with a post to share with you all. And it'd make me even happier if you'd share what makes you happy.

5 comments:

  1. Right now, the color green makes me happy. It's gloomy here today, but the boyfriend is rolling the yard--which is VERY green, and there are shades of green in all the woods. And your post made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That makes me happy :) And I love green as well. Better, seeing as I live in the evergreen state. Come Aprilish, when the leaves are big and it rains hard, it looks as if green is dripping from the trees. I love that!

      Delete
  2. PNW sunshine. Big walks with my doggie. Alone time. A clean house. Red wine. Time spent with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about gardening at your favorite co-worker's house?? LOL

      Delete