Also, it's my new book! Well, my new bundle of books. Last spring my publisher told me they had selected What a Texas Girl Needs (my second Texas Girl book) to be part of a bundle of secret baby books called Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret baby trope is one of my favorites, and Vanessa and Mat are two characters that have stayed with me during this crazy publishing ride! The best part? You can pick up all six books for less than $1 for a limited time! Here are the book links:
Book Links: Amazon B&N iBooks KOBO
To celebrate the new release, I thought we would play a game: Readers, grab the closest book to you. Turn to page 107 and count down seven lines. Copy that line into a comment below, along with the title and author of the book...and tell us what you love about the story. If you're a writer, same thing goes. Writers, same rules apply, but turn to your most recent WIP, flip to page 107 and count down seven lines. Copy that line into a comment below, along with the title and name yourself as author. And tell us what you love about the story. You can do both, if you want.
I'll start: This is from page 107 of What a Texas Girl Needs:
He wouldn't add an outright lie to his sins against the Witte family. First, he'd omitted his background. Second, he'd gotten Vanessa pregnant. Third, he'd avoided her like an alcoholic avoids the liquor aisle at the grocery store.
What do I love about it? This entire scene was one of my favorites from the entire book - it marks a bit of turning point for Mat, the point where he begins moving forward come hell or high water...and there is still a bit of both to come at this point. I love a good moment of change!
Okay, readers (and authors), your turn to share!
Blurb for Sweet Child Of Mine:
The bonds of love are truly tested for six couples in these enthralling romances featuring secret babies and surprise pregnancies. Your heart will ache in all the right ways as baby makes three for these winning duos.
- What a Texas Girl Needs: Matias Barnes knows all about society women like Vanessa Witte. It's part of the reason he left his wealthy family behind and took a job on a ranch. But while Mat knows she's so not right for him, can he resist her charms long enough to really let her go? The clock is winding down to the moment when Vanessa's secret will force her to flee and take away his choice forever.
- Marrying the Wrong Man: Morgan Parrish's dad planned her marriage to a man destined to be president of the United States, but she fell in love with the town drunk's son, got pregnant, and fled. Now she's back and waitressing at the bistro Charlie Cramer manages. If they give in to the attraction and screw things up again, their daughter will deal with the fallout - or they just might get that American dream after all.
- The Rebel's Own: In high school, a cruel prank left shy Kennedy Bailey pregnant and alone. Now grown-up and gorgeous, she won't let anything stop her from saving her five-year-old son's life when he's diagnosed with leukemia. Even if it means confronting his father, NFL quarterback Ryan Carville, who just wants a second chance to show he's a man worth loving.
- A Taste of Honey: Charli Honey knew it was a bad decision to end up in her boss's bed, and to make matters worse, now she's pregnant. William Knight is happy to do the right thing, but can she live with a man who doesn't love her? Or can William convince her a change of heart is not only possible, it's real?
- Sutherland's Pride: Pride Donovan's former lover, Flynn Sutherland, does not recognize her little boy as his when she returns to their Texas Gulf Coast town, but he definitely wants their relationship back. Can their second chance withstand the bombshell she's about to drop into his life?
- Her Soldier's Touch: When U.S. Army Sergeant First Class Colten Taylor returns briefly to Phoenix to bury his brother, he's shocked to see Rachel Madison waiting for him at the airport. He regrets the morning he walked away from her; coming from an abusive home taught Colt to put limits on all his relationships. But now that she has his son in tow, will he keep running?
Buy The Bundle: Amazon B&N iBooks KOBO