It's beginning to look a lot like...holiday books



Years ago, we were walking around Nashville, Indiana, one of my favorite places, and went into a sock shop. I'd never seen one before, and Duane could hardly get me out of there. It's been long enough ago I don't remember what I bought, but I'm fairly certain it was a sackful.

A few years later, we were on Church Street in Burlington, Vermont and found our way into another sock shop. I had my first close and personal meeting with wool socks. It was love at first feel and although I'm not always faithful, I always go back to wool in the winter. Especially certain blends--just like in Point of View, I'm no purist.

Those are the only two sock shops I ever remember visiting, but from them came the idea for The
Magic Stocking, my contribution to A Heartwarming Holiday. The shop in the book is called Fingers & Feet and California girl Ellie Griffith has come to Christmas Town, Maine to manage it. She meets Christmas tree farm owner Sam Nolan and finds a striped stocking that seems to be trying to tell her something.

Will she listen?

A Heartwarming Holiday will be out tomorrow. I am thrilled not only to be working with the other 14 authors whose stories are included but to be returning to Christmas Town. If you haven't read last year's boxed set, A Heartwarming Christmas, it's still available and--for a limited time--only 99 cents. Christmas, Actually, the anthology that started it all, is also available.

There's a Facebook party--isn't there always?--with lots of giveaways and some fun conversation taking place October 11 and 12. If you haven't received your invitation come on by anyway and spend some time with us. I'll be there from 4:30 to 5:00 PM EST on the 11th. Here's the link to join up. https://www.facebook.com/events/891478624291552/

Oh, one more thing, Harlequin is including a coupon with each copy of A Heartwarming Holiday that, when used, will make your purchase virtually free.

Comments

  1. Hi, Liz! Great post. I love socks. And sometimes visit Burlington. I can't wait to read your story. See you tomorrow, everyone, at our Facebook party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Burlington. Well, I love Vermont altogether!

      Delete
  2. Liz, your sock shop is such a great addition to the town businesses. I remember when I saw the first sock shop at a mall in Washington State where we lived at the time. I went crazy buying "special" socks for kids, myself, and for gifts. Everyone got socks that year. Love your cover. All of our individual covers are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new release - LOVE the covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, congrats on your new release. It will be added to my library as soon as it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, I wish you much success with The Magic Stocking. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana, and thanks for your promotion support!

      Delete

Post a Comment