Wednesday, November 2
It's the Best Of Worst Of Fall
Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons (although I love all four of them, at least for the first couple weeks of each), but fall is definitely my favorite-favorite. Except when the changing weather patterns got a little haywire. Yeah, hasn't been a banner few days here at Casa Knight - the kiddo has come down with bronchitis, which is aggravated by her allergies and asthma. So we're going on very little sleep. So, without further ado: My 3 Least Favorite Things About Fall (don't worry, there will be happy things in a sec!):
3. The weird weather swings. We live on Lake Erie, which means our weather is more temperate - at least until the lake freezes - than some areas. But the swings in temperature can still be huge...and that is just a cold waiting to happen...I hate colds!
2. The doctor's office visits that invariably await when/if colds morph into more serious bronchial infections for bebe - we just went through a week of that and..blech! I hate waiting in germ-infested waiting rooms..and I hate note being able to flip a switch and make her feel better!
1. Shorter days. Don't get me wrong, I love the clarity of the sun on brisk mornings, but I hate that the days are cut shorter by 4 or 5 hours. I like long, slow evenings, what can I say?
But, fall is one of my favorite times of year. I actually love the falling leaves, the changing colors so....so that I don't leave y'all feeling down, here are my 3 Most Favorite Things About Fall:
3. Fallen leaves. I love the crunchity-crunch of leaves as we're walking. And the changing colors are so pretty - around here the leaves turn from green to fiery red to brilliant yellow...it's like watching a living painting!
2. Hoodies. I love hoodies. The fleecier the better.
1. The decorations - I love getting our house ready for Halloween (we don't go nuts, just some cool candles and things) and then changing to Thanksgiving decorations on November 1. The oranges and yellows are brilliant!
What are your favorite (or least favorite) things about Fall?