It's the Little Things...

 by Margie Senechal

Between the news, political posts that frequent FB, and the constant deluge of rain that's hit the Pacific NW, it's easy to let life get me down. And, just for the record, I love the rain. It's just that this is the second wettest season in 75 years. I'm ready for the Farmer's Market on a sunny day, working in the yard, and flowers.

So, it's time to find joy in the little things.

In no particular order, here are a few things that have given me moments of glee over the past week.

I bought an OveGlove for $1.69 after my discount and markdown. Score!

The Kingsmen 2:The Golden Circle trailer dropped and Colin Firth didn't die after all. I have to see how they pulled that off.

Speaking of returning from the dead. Michael Crichton has a new book coming out in May and it looks good! He's one of my all-time favorite writers and this book has gotten some good reviews despite the fact that it's a posthumously "found" manuscript.


Kristi's post yesterday.

Owlcity on the radio at work when I least expect them.

iZombie is back. I love all the ways Liv finds to fix brains, Major on teenage girl brains was hysterical, and Blaine with amnesia as a lounge singer is inspired. So much fun to be had. The most underrated zombie show on TV. 

And finally, my friend, Angie, is living the romantic tropes we all write about. A number of months ago, she reconnected with a former schoolmate on FB. They started talking on the phone, texting, the whole deal. And two weeks ago, she drove from Portland to Texas--where he'd settled--and she's not coming back. I so admire her bravery to take that big of chance on love. We all write about it, but she's living it!

Oh, and I won a gift from Holly Jacobs--the original glee pusher. Her moments of Monday Glee are always an inspiration.

Have a great Thursday and share your joy with us!

Comments

  1. Glad for your little things, Margie. They all add up to a nice, comfortable happy, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so' As I tell my kids, it's all in how you look at it.

      Delete
  2. the little things are so important - the first thing I saw on FB today was an old picture from bebe's pre-school days. My heart is still singing from that pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those unexpected moments! I saw the pic of Bebe reading on the couch and thought, "How is it possible that she's that old??"

      Delete
  3. Margie, how I love your happy post. This morning, when I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything I need to do, you're a little ray of sunshine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little things really add up, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we take the time to notice them, they sure do.

      Delete
  5. Was the other wettest season the winter mom and I lived with you guys? LOL
    Great post and great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even think that yearmade the list. Lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment