#AuthorInterview: Susanne Matthews Visits the Round Corral

Hiya, WordWranglers readers! We're excited to invite Susanne Matthews into the Round Corral for a little visit. Susanne's going to answer our questions and then share a little about her new book, Sworn to Protect! Let's get right to it!

Kristina: You're going to be running between appointments all day, with lots of hurry-up-and-wait time. You're going to read while you wait. What writer will keep you sane and entertained all day?

Susanne: That’s a tough question to answer. I have a lot of books written by authors I know on my Kindle right now. Currently, I’m reading The Bloodline by C. S. Feldman, so I would probably finish that before moving on to something else.

Kristina: If you could interview anyone from your life living or dead, but not a celebrity, who would it be and why?

Susanne: That’s another tough one. I can’t think of too many people I would like to interview who aren’t celebrities in one way or another. Given that, I suppose I would like to sit down with Daphne Du Maurier, the author of Rebecca, the first gothic novel I ever read and the one that got me hooked on suspense.

Kristina: Ooh, nice switcheroo there, Susanne! Okay, this one isn't such a toughie (maybe!). Was there a teacher or teachers who had a particularly strong influence on your life? Tell me about them.

Susanne: My high school English teacher, Miss Columbus. She convinced me to try to be more than I had planned to be and got me to go to university where I studied English. Eventually, I became a high school English teacher. When I retired, I decided to try my hand at being an author. I would like to know what she thinks of my accomplishments.

Kristina: On to your writing. Have you had to make sacrifices for your writing and if so, what were they?

Susanne: Unlike many new authors I don’t have to juggle my writing with any other job. That’s the beauty of being retired I suppose, but I do put in long hours, especially when I’m on an editorial deadline. I try not to let my writing interfere with my responsibilities as a wife, mother, and grandmother, but I have had to miss a few sports’ activities because of those deadlines, and hubby has made his own lunch on more than one occasion.

Kristina: And now, for the Fast 5: Fast 5:

Peanuts or Potato Chips? Potato chips. I’m allergic to peanuts
M&Ms or Reese's Pieces? Neither. I’m also allergic to chocolate, but I like jujubes.
Cold or Hot? Hot, but not too humid.
Beach or Mountain? Mountain with a view of the ocean, or is that too much to ask?
Pride & Prejudice or Emma? Pride and Prejudice, but I like them both.

Kristina: I'm with you on the mountain-with-a-beach-view, Susanne! And P&P, too. You can follow Susanne all over social media, here are her links:

Follow Susanne on her:  Website   Facebook page    Twitter @jandsmatt

Amazon author page    and    Goodreads author page 

Okay, readers, here's a peek at the blurb for Susanne's new book, Sworn to Protect:

Four years ago, a car accident robbed Nancy Frost of her child and her mother, taking what was left of her marriage with it in the process. A forensic accountant, she agrees to look at a company’s books in a divorce case, trying to find hidden assets, but her meeting with the lawyer goes terribly wrong when the restaurant is attacked.

The moment US Marshal Neil Copeland discovers his wife has been shot in a Baltimore restaurant, he rushes to her side, determined not to let her down again. As the police investigate, evidence suggests the attack was a ploy to hide a specific hit. When a professional assassin tries to kill Nancy a second time, it’s clear that she was the target and whatever’s going on is a lot more complicated than they think.

When Nancy awakes after a month in an induced coma, not only does she not remember the attack on the restaurant, she doesn’t remember marrying Neil.

Faced with the challenge of protecting his wife from a powerful, faceless enemy, Neil must bring her up to date, dredging up all the sorrow that tore them apart in the first place, hoping something will jar her memory.

As he races against time, can he save her from an unknown assassin and convince her to give the love they once had a second chance?

Comments

Post a Comment