We're half-way there?!?

In keeping with the mid-year review theme we have going, I’ll just say “Gah! Is the year half-over
already?!?”

The passage of time always sneaks up on us, and this year is no different for me. I began January railing at 2017 for starting out sucky. Yes, my emotions were pretty raw at that point. Fortunately, time also has a way of tempering the drama. My loved ones who were battling illnesses have since recovered. My mother’s estate is almost finalized, which leaves more time for…everything else. And I’m writing again (although I still manage to cram plenty of non-writing things into the day…so, I’m not nearly as prolific as I imagined I would be when I initially lost my job.)

I am still unemployed. But then again, I’m not actively seeking a job either. Hubby was cool with me taking the summertime to work on my writing and “play”… and I’m not crazy enough to talk sense into him where this is concerned. Permission to have the summer off? Heck yeah, I’ll take it!

Book three is coming along, more slowly than I had hoped (see above comment about cramming non-writing things into my writing time). I find I can’t write at home because the kitties are too cute and need constant petting. Actually, they don’t need it; they’re perfectly happy to sleep in the sunbeams. However, I can’t resist the urge to get up and love on them. And the fridge/pantry/chip box it right there as well. Too much temptations. I can’t go to the local library because their chairs are horribly uncomfortable. I wish there was a non-Starbucks place I could go with comfy chairs and a low-noise-but-not-entirely-quiet atmosphere and spend the day writing. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

On the up-side, I’ve begun exercising. Well, if you count 25 minutes on the exercise bike every few days. Not winning any endurance medals anytime soon, that’s for sure!

Also, I’m getting ready for my first RWA national conference later in July. It’s being held at Disney World, so it’s going to be a whole family-fun-trip and writer-business-trip rolled into one week. I’m totally excited to go! Getting my outfits together as well as my workshop plans and whatnot. If you’re going, let me know and we’ll make a plan to at least pass in the hallway!

Other than the sink-full of dishes I did today, that’s about all I have for my mid-year review!

Comments

  1. I'm still trying to process that we're actually halfway through the year...it just doesn't seem like we should be. Although, the calendar never lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good year to me, especially since this one had such a sucky beginning. (Me, too.) I hope Disney/RWA is the best time ever for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely better now that it was in January!! ;-)

      Delete
  3. My middle has sorta sucked more than the beginning--but we strive to move ahead. Disney sounds like a blast--have family and writerly fun, baby! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you've had your gut-kicks recently... Thoughts and prayers are with you. Enjoy your summer at the lake and let it renew your soul!

      Delete
  4. Ava, I hope you have fun at RWA National, and at Disney World with your family. And enjoy your summer off. Don't feel guilty for a minute, even if you spend the whole time playing with your kittens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment