Bloom Where You're Planted ~ @AuthorKristina Knight

I'm looking at the calendar this morning. It's January 1, 2018, and I'm not quite sure how we got here. I mean, I know it has to be 2018 - this isn't a very elaborate and intricate dream - and yet, it kind of feels like it should only be 2012 or maybe 2013. It doesn't feel like this should be the year bebe turns 10, or that I celebrate my sixth year of being a published author.

It just doesn't feel as if six years have passed since my first book came out...or that 10 years have passed since I first saw the sweetest little face in the world.

There is a lot to be celebrated about 2017: I published my Slippery Rock series, all 5 books in it, and I loved every single minute of those books. But there are also things to be mourned. My beloved Harlequin Superromance announced plans to close. There will be Superromances through June of this year, but then...those books and authors will find new places to publish their books. I'll find new places to publish my books, and I have some news about that but I can't share it quite yet (You knew I had to tease a little bit, didn't you?).

And so, when I started prepping my calendar and goals and my word of the year, the word BLOOM came to me, and it just wouldn't let go. You can read all about why I chose bloom here.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned my 2018 reading challenge - reading through the 50 most famous and/or best books set in every state. I've decided that this is going to be a two year challenge for me, because between deadlines and fun reading and educational reading, there is just no way I can add another 50 books to my plate...I mean, I barely made it through 30 books, total, in 2017. But, I've chosen my first two books: I'm going to re-read Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, and my second book will be an educational one, Jennifer Probst's Write Naked . Because, although my professional life is a little bit up in the air right now, I know where I want to go, and I know who I am and so I'm going to bloom where I've been planted...and we'll see where that takes me.

What about you? What does 2018 have in store for you or, if you're not a fortune teller, what do you have in store for 2018?                                                                                        ~Kristina


Comments

  1. I love your word. One of mine--more on that next week--is "acceptance," which is all about blooming where you're planted, so the great Wrangler minds continue to twine together. I hope it's a great year, and I'm dying to hear your secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll be able to share soon, Liz! :D And I can't wait to hear all of your words!

      Delete
  2. Bloom is a beautiful word for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your word. No matter what, a flower keeps blooming. I can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment