TRUTH AND SOLACE #free at Amazon! @JanaRichards_

TRUTH AND SOLACE is FREE at Amazon August 22 - 26, 2018! Download your copy today!



Series Blurb:
Love is worth the risk…

When their grandfather dies, the Lindquist sisters, Harper, Scarlet and Maggie, inherit the northern Minnesota fishing lodge that had been in their family for three generations. The inheritance is bittersweet. They were raised at the lodge by their grandparents. The natural beauty of the place hasn’t changed, but the building itself is crumbling and desperately in need of repair. The lodge also reminds them of what they lost. Twenty-two years previously, their parents died there in what was ruled a murder/suicide.

 As the sisters struggle to breathe new life into the failing lodge, old fears and questions rise to the surface even as new love presents itself. Why did their father murder their mother? What truths did their grandparents keep from them? The sisters must fight to keep the wounds of the past from putting their futures, and their fledgling relationships, in jeopardy.

Blurb, Truth and Solace:
The truth could destroy them. Or set them free.

Maggie Lindquist left Solace Lake determined never to return. Circumstances have pulled her back and she’s helping to restore her family’s dilapidated fishing lodge. When she agreed to the plan she didn’t expect to have to work side by side with the man who abandoned her ten years earlier. She didn’t expect to like him, or want him ever again. But can she trust him as she once did?

Luke Carlsson rushes home to tend to his ailing mother. Her lengthy illness means he needs to stay, at least temporarily. And to stay, he needs to work. Solace Lake Lodge offers him a job and an opportunity to work with the woman he’s never stopped loving. But the restoration is unleashing secrets hidden for decades and no one is left unscathed. Especially not Maggie and Luke, whose love needs to be resilient enough to forgive, and strong enough to build a future together.


Buy Links:




Au: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B079WFZXV2


Excerpt:

Luke gave the wrench a quarter turn to tighten the drainpipe before crawling out from beneath his grandmother’s kitchen sink. He turned the cold-water faucet on full and bent to see if the drain was still leaking. A steady stream of water told him he hadn’t fixed the problem.

He turned off the tap. “Damn.”

“I told you I could call the plumber. He lives right down the street.”

“I can do this, Grandma.”

“I’m sure you can,” Phyllis said with a nod. “But you don’t have to. You didn’t need to clean out my garage either. This busy work of yours isn’t going to change anything. Nothing will.”

He wriggled his shoulders into the tight confines of the wet sink cabinet once more. “I can’t sit around.”

“Your mother says you haven’t been to see her in a couple of days.”

The wrench slipped and clanked against the copper pipe. He had no answer for her. The truth was he’d been hiding, either at the lodge or with chores at his grandmother’s house. He couldn’t make himself go to her.

“I know it hurts. I know you feel powerless because I feel that way myself. And I’m angry, angrier than I’ve ever been in my life. I’m so angry that Abby is leaving me that I want to spit. I want to hit someone. I want to break something. It’s not supposed to be this way.”

Luke’s heart thumped painfully in his chest. He didn’t want to hear about his grandmother’s pain. His own grief tore at him like a wild animal, consuming him piece by piece. He couldn’t deal with her grief as well. He fitted the wrench carefully on the pipe once more.
        
“But you know what, Luke? Every day I put on my big girl panties, and I suck it up to walk the two blocks to my daughter’s house. I help her wash her hair or take a bath, and I make tea and chat. Whatever she needs. But I always make sure I share a laugh with her. Because right now, it’s not about me and my suffering. It’s about Abby.”

Comments