An interview with Lucinda Race... #WordWranglers

The Wranglers welcome author Lucinda Race to the corral today. She agreed to an interview. To find out more about her and her books--including a new one out today!--go here.

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing? I think creating a world where readers can relate to the characters in the book they’re reading.

When did you first consider yourself a writer? I signed my first autograph for a short story when I was 17. An old friend found it in her boxes and mailed it to me. What a hoot.

What do you like to do when you are not writing? I read, garden and love to watch old movies.

Where are you from and what do you love best about your hometown? I’m from Western Massachusetts and from here I can get to major cities, the mountains or the ocean within a two-hour drive. To me I have the best of everything.

Tell us about a favorite character from a book. I love Cari McKenna from my first full length romance, Lost and Found. She lost her husband when her children were young and she met life head on, she’s strong, an amazing mom and friend, a smart business woman and she is a good soul.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying? When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go. – Carol Burnett

Tell us a little about yourself, including something people might be surprised to learn. I don’t like horror movies or books but for years I have dreamt about a zombie hunter. So, I’ve decided to write her story. It’s the in the drafting stages. It may never see the light of day but at least she’ll have the chance to tell her story.

What was your best day? I have two – when my daughters were born.

What was your worst day? (I’m channeling City Slickers here.) I have been so lucky in life. I can’t name a worse day. Every day, no matter if it is good, great or bad I’ve learned something about myself and life. Every day I wake up and get to do what I love is a good day.

If you could spend the afternoon with one writer, living or dead, who would it be and what would you talk about? Agatha Christie – I would love understand her mind for murder and mayhem. Fascinating.

***



Comments

  1. I think interviewing Agatha Christie would be fascinating. Good choice! Thanks for being with us on Word Wranglers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment