'Twas the Week Before Christmas... by Liz Flaherty #WordWranglers


 'Twas the week before Christmas, and all through our lives are laughter and tears and "Remember the year we..." Nan just asked me how it got to be December 18. I didn't have an answer for her just as I don't have a post for this morning. So, here we go, a little of this and a little of that... Please join in the conversation.

About series. Book series, I mean. We all know they are very much "the thing" these days. Do you have favorites? Do you have any you don't like. Are any of you like me and sometimes just want to read a book without wondering if one has come before it or another is coming after it? I love Mary Balogh's Regency series, Nora Roberts Born In... trilogy, Nan's River's Edge brothers, Kristi's Slippery Rock, and Jana's Solace. For that matter, I love my own stories from Peacock, Tennessee and Lake Miniagua, Indiana. I notice that settings are always memorable to me. They are characters unto themselves.

Anything new I should be reading?

It's no secret I've been on the other WW (Weight Watchers) for the past 14 months. Not for the first time. I've lost weight, I feel wonderful, but I am so bored with everything. Anybody have something new that I can eat a lot of without gaining back several pounds as a punishment? 


We have snow on the ground. I know it doesn't contribute to safety, but snow during the Christmas season is a happy thing for me. And for Shelby Knight, too, I think. ☃


Speaking of books... Have you ordered Window Over the Sink yet? I'm so proud of it, so thrilled to have it "out there," even though it's contents have all been out there before. It's a compilation of columns, of blog posts, of articles that have appeared in other places. But, for the first time, 60-some of them are congregated "under one roof." My husband is thrilled and...yeah, so am I. 

In a "this or that" moment, white or red? Unlike Nan and Ava, I know nothing about wine except that I want it to be sweet and cold. (They're shuddering over there--see them?) 

I'm off. Have a great weekend. Wishing you the happiest and the merriest of Christmases. Be safe and be blessed.




Comments

  1. I have to say, I love writing my River's Edge series because the setting is almost a character in each book. Personalities develop in secondary characters and I fall in love with them all over again. Oh, and red, definitely, room temp to 55 degrees and dry--a jammy zin that has a little pepper on the end or a rich cab...but I will always, always indulge your wine palate because you are my dear friend and I love you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does enjoy the snow - especially if it foretells a snow day! I loved writing my Slippery Rock series - and have a novella coming out in that world in 2021, yay! :) Thanks for the shout-out, Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't wait for the novella, especially since I'm loving short reads right now!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out for my Love at Solace Lake series, Liz! I love reading series books, but I do know what you mean about trying to figure out which book came first. Most of the time I want to read the books in order, so it's annoying if I don't know which book came first! And Liz, if you like white wine that's a little on the sweeter side, try a Gewurztraminer. I love it cold, too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that, although I'm not going to type it here. It's one Nan has said, "Here, try this," when we've been in wineries. Some of it HAS been good to this unsophisticated palate! I love Solace Lake.

      Delete

Post a Comment