Giving Thanks by Jana Richards

 


As a Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving back in October, but giving thanks needn’t be confined to one day or one month of the year. I’m happy to celebrate American Thanksgiving!

I have many things to be thankful for. As I write this, I am thankful that we are able to do some work on our house. Next week we’re getting new flooring on the entire main floor. I’m not quite as happy about having to pack everything up in boxes and move things out of the house so our contractor can do his work, but it’s for a good cause. I’m thankful it will be over quickly and our house will look like new.

Not so thankful for moving boxes!

Last week was my birthday and I’m thankful for all the lovely birthday wishes I received by telephone, text, email and Facebook messages. Friends took us out to dinner on Friday and our kids took us for a dim sum brunch on Sunday. I’m thankful for so many thoughtful friends and family.

As always, I’m thankful for my family. I have two wonderful daughters who have grown into amazing, strong, smart women. My husband and I have been together for over 43 years. I’m thankful for a strong marriage to my best friend for all these years.

I’m thankful I’ve remained healthy these last twenty months. I’m thankful the vaccines are helping to wrestle Covid to its knees. I’m thankful my immediate and extended family also stayed free of Covid. I have my share of aches and pains, but I’m healthy and I’m very thankful for that.

I’m thankful that I had another book published in September, which is always a joy and a thrill. I’m on the verge of sending another manuscript to my editor, which will be my 22nd published work. I’m thankful that I’ve found a vocation I love so much. I plan to continue writing until I can no longer form sentences. 


I’m thankful for writing friends like the Word Wranglers who know the high and lows of this business. It’s always good to have people in my life who understand what it is about writing that makes me happy or excited or totally crazy. Happy Thanksgiving Wranglers!

Comments

  1. We're thankful for you, too, Jana. I love your list...and I love that cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Tomorrow is D-Day for our renovations. Movers will be here at 8 am and then the fun begins! In the meantime, we're stuck down here in the basement and after tomorrow we'll only have one working toilet in the house! I really hope this reno goes fast!

      Delete

Post a Comment