Imagine

 by Margie Senechal

This week has been a week. Last Friday my husband was hospitalized with a blood clot in his leg and one in each lung. The first couple of days were a little scary as uncertainty swirled around us. Pieces have begun to fall into place leading me to sincerely believe this is something that needed to happen to upend our monotony. Mike came home today and we're all a little more appreciative of our time together.

So, no, I didn't prepare a blog (What??? Say it isn't so.) Fortunately, the latest blog from The Wayward Yogini fell into my mailbox. 

https://waywardyogini.substack.com/utm_campaign=pub&utm_medium=web 

The Wayward Yogini is my aunt, Sue Ferrera. She's my mom's younger half-sister and my role model growing up. 

Suzy was perfection in the eyes of my sisters and I. Probably because my mom adored her and passed that on to us. Suzy was everything I wanted to be growing up--she seemed so cool the few times I saw her as she grew up in the Bay Area while I grew up in the Willamette Valley. 

While I only saw her a handful of times, each time left an indelible impression. She was cool the way Susan Dey was cool, and I was so not. Her sleek flaxen hair fell down her backside just over the waist of her name-brand jeans. She never seemed awkward or insecure. It's funny how we project our own thoughts onto others when we store them into our memory banks, because today Sue will tell you that all my memories are hogwash and she wasn't the coolest teen ever. 

I know this because she started a blog called Tales of a Wayward Yogini and wrote a book titled Lessons of a Wayward Yogini. I was shocked to learn her memories didn't coincide with mine. My sisters would say nobody's memories coincide with mine, but that's another post all together. 

Reading Sue's book is to have a glimpse into her soul and she's such a great soul. And not just because she's related to me. 

Her post today was titled Imagine and it was exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you, Aunt Sue. 

I hope Spring is springing wherever you are like it finally is here. I think I might even get to watch KB play softball this weekend after rainouts for the past few weeks. Until next time, check out Sue's blog and imagine...


Comments

  1. Wow...she is powerful. Thanks for introducing us to your Aunt Sue, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Thanks for following my not-to-easy link.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Mike's doing okay. I'm off to read your aunt now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. It's great to have him home.

      Delete
  3. Margie, I'm sorry to hear about Mike. I'll be praying for a quick recovery. Nothing like a wake up call to get us back on track, two sides to every coin.
    I read this quickly last night at work. As the tears began to fall, I decided I should wait to read it at home, lol. This morning I read it again, and this time was able to allow my emotions. Thank you for this beautiful post. It means a great deal to me.
    It's not every day one gets described as Susan Dey cool, with long flaxen hair. Joking aside, this post will make its way to my "treasures" folder on my computer, writings which touch me to my core. Your mom and I had a special bond, which over the years have thankfully transferred to all of us. https://sueferrera.com/2022/04/07/my-sister-n-me/
    Love you, Margie. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Margie.Wow so sorry to hear about Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that Mike is home and doing better. My husband has had health issues lately so I have an idea what you're going through.

    It's funny how our perceptions of people, especially when we're teenagers, don't line up at all with that person's perception of themselves. Inside, we're all quivering masses of insecurity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment