Something New by Liz Flaherty


I am working on a manuscript. Not just looking for repeated words or using "just" 1027 times or deciding regretfully that a scene has no place in the story--no, I'm adding a complete new plotline to a beloved story. I am hoping to make it more interesting, to quicken its pace, to make it more...what, commercial? So that more people will like it. Yes, that. 

And I'm learning stuff, because the plotline is outside my wheelhouse, skill set, comfort zone, and passion cup. (I just made passion cup up, in case you wondered, but I'm pretty sure you get it.) I don't know if I'll do it well enough, and I'm worried about that. 

I've complained some about trying to get going on something new at my age, because it is in truth harder now. It takes me longer and I'm less sure of myself, but I am so happy that no one else is overtly concerned about my age. 

For this I am grateful. 

Fallen Soldier, Pennsylvania, a small lake town in the shelter of the Alleghenies, is a place soldiers have come to heal, to find new lives, and--sometimes--to die, in all the wars since the 1860s. Its comfort and welcome has extended to others in need of a place to heal and a place to begin again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CLD2PPHY?ref_=dbs_p_pwh_rwt_anx_b_lnk&storeType=ebooks


Comments

  1. I wish you good luck with your revisions. And I also wish you confidence, because I definitely have confidence in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jana that it will all work out, but I understand the trepidation. That's what your writing buddies are for. I'm sure they can help you with what works and what doesn't. I'm reorganizing the manuscript I just finished because I put the conflict too early. It's scary! But it's all about getting it "just right." (Arggg, another "just" :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! If it weren't for those words, I think I'd be writing pamphlets!

      Delete

Post a Comment