Writing...Promoting...Editing...Writing...Promoting...

 You get the picture. My life is, if nothing else, consistent. Each day, I get up, do my daily meditation, listen to Heather Cox Richardson's and Robert Reich's posts while I make a cup of coffee. I come into my office, sign into gChat so I can connect with Liz and then I start writing. No social media, no email, nothing else but writing.

As it happens, my editor currently has the first draft of book 3 in the Walker Family series--Made for Mistletoe. I'm holding my breath until she returns it with comments and revision suggestions. The only thing I can do to keep from going completely off the dial is to write on the next book, Annabelle Walker's story.

Annabelle has been in my head since the very first Walker family story--Make You Mine, which, by the way releases on April 16. (See what I did there? Promo. Sneaky, but effective, I hope!) She's the only female in a family business of men and has had to sometimes shout to make her voice heard. Not that the brothers and cousins don't respect her, they do, but as the lone woman on the board, she's struggled. Now, though, she has Maddie Ross on the board, too, so the testosterone level at Monday morning board meetings of Walker Construction is a bit more toned down. 

I'm doing it--writing each morning. Yesterday, I wrote about 1K words. They may not be great words or even good words, but they're written. Annabelle's story is started. Right now, the goal is writing--not editing, not reviewing, not revising--just writing. I've managed to stay away from social media, Yahoo News, and even my email boxes until after I've gotten in at least an hour of writing. 

I may have to get up even earlier if I have other stuff happening during the day or an editing gig to work on, which I do have right now. But I can so do this--I've been doing it for years, and actually, with this kind of commitment since 2018 when I signed my first contract with Tule Publishing. Some days, I don't have the gumption to even think about writing, but I do it because despite sometimes feeling like a huge fraud (imposter syndrome--another post for another day), I know deep inside this is who I am. I am a writer. I am a good writer. 


Yes, I do have to recommit every so often to my daily writing gig and each time I recommit, I hope that I'll get more organized, stop being so easily distracted, and  find a way to fit my whole day's plan into each day. So here is my spring commitment: To write every morning and get Annabelle's story told by the end of June. Hold a good thought and send me good writing energy, okay? I'll report my progress on April 26.

Stay well, mes amis, stay safe, be kind to someone today, and always remember to be thankful for all your blessings,






Comments

  1. I am so anxious to read Annabelle's story! She's been a favorite for a long time--says the woman who grew up with three older brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment