Ready for Monday?

Hiya, everyone! Kristina here, filling in for Liz who has a family emergency this week... I'm not used to posting on Mondays. It's kind of nice and shiney and...fresh in here. I like it! I have no idea what to blog about, but I like it!

Oh, I know, I can blog about Mondays: Mondays are definitely not my favorite day of the week. I may or may not have rambled on about this before, but I'm not a morning person. Not even a little bit. bebe seems to have inherited my don't-do-mornings gene by osmosis. For me, Mondays are one big, long morning moment. Because the weekends are so much fun: we can goof off on the weekends. Watch movies. Read books. Escape into the world of kid-dom again, for just a few hours.

And then Monday morning comes and reminds us we're now adults and have responsibilities. And we stayed up waaaaaay tooo late reading that amazing, couldn't-be-put-down book. So, I use music to get me going. Happy, fun, really fast, dancey kinds of songs. They might be from the 80s or they might be current (I'm kind of partial to Pink and Raise Your Glass right now because I think we all need to celebrate ourselves...even the parts that aren't perfect. Like not liking mornings.)

And so, are three of my favorite Monday Morning, Pick-Me-Up, I'm-Gonna-Win songs...to help you start your week:

Smash Mouth - All Star:



Katrina & The Waves - Walking on Sunshine:



And, of course, Pink - Raise Your Glass:

Comments

  1. Great post, Kristi, but don't quite understand your dislike of Mondays. Mornings, especially early enough to watch the sunrise, is the best time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a morning person. It's the only time I have any peace and quiet. Oh and I love Pink. I love her tough-as-nails attitude--I wish I was like that. Life would be easier. Happy Monday morning, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's mornings in general, margery. I'm a sunset girl! lol

    Jerri, I want Pink's attitude, too...I'm working on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mondays because it's the start of my "weekend". Depending on the week I have either 5 days off or 4...and I love every minute of that time. I do miss the normal weekends and admit I've given up a lot, but I'm sacrificing right now. lol

    So I can't share a Monday pick me up, but I can share a Saturday (or sometimes Friday) pick me up....and you can feel free to use it any day of the week. For some reason it works that way. COFFEE! lmbo. That's it..and I do like to listen to really loud music on my way into work...preferably Aerosmith. Have always loved them and always will!

    HAPPY MONDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, StevenTyler's screamy-singing. I love him! And I wish I loved coffee, but can only stomach the smell.... Happy Weekend-Monday, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand Mondays or mornings. It raining today too. I guess it's a rainy days and Monday thing. Next Monday I have the day off. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lovely blog, Kristina. How nice of you to fill in. Thank you for a great post.
    -R.T. Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the post Kristina! Really liked "Walking on Sunshine".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post, Kristi. Mondays mean nothing to me. LOL. My husband and I both work weekends so we don't have Mondays. Well, we do. The kids are still on a Mon-Fri routine but its not that big of a deal. This Monday happens to be my Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun blog! I'm a morning person forced to be a night owl... And I despise Mondays....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, this is how ready I was, it took me until Wednesday to get here. I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment