Much Ado About Nothing

I took the day off from the day job today. Toothache that lead to a headache. There's a  Star Trek marathon on, and I've been vegging for at least the last three episodes. The house is empty. Toothache aside, I'm enjoying myself.

I love my do nothing days. Time to decompress. Let my brain reboot. No one to answer to, to pressing business, no drama. I don't have to be bothered if I don't feel like it. It's freeing. Could I get used to it? No. As a matter of fact, my do nothing days wouldn't be special if I had them all the time.

In a few hours, hubby will be home from work, and my son will be back for his vacation. My daughter is supposed to come over with my grandsons later. My do nothing time will be over. And I will be refreshed. I'll spoil the grands and enjoy the time with my family.

Yes, I love my do nothing days. But I love the joy of having family around more.

Comments

  1. That's a win-win. Hope your aches are all better! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment