Really?

I've read a lot of rants about TSTL (too stupid to live) heroines. Okay, I get it. I can't stand them either. Know what I hate even more? TSTL heroes.

 I just watched a movie with the dumbest hero EVER. Here's the gist. Five college friends go to a town to interview the author of a book about a serial killer in his home town. Serial killer stalks students. Hero stabs killer once, drops the knife, and runs. Of course killer isn't dead. He does stupid crap like this throughout the movie. I've never run into a TSTL hero in a book before. Maybe one that does something out of character, but not totally stupid.

I also hate loose ends. This movie has a lot of them. I can take it in a movie, but not in a book. Even if there's a sequel. I like a beginning, a middle and an end. If a book has a beginning and middle, then wants you to wait for the next book to get the ending, I could just scream. There's been a few times that I never got to the sequel. Maybe I'm just impatient.

Comments

  1. I'm big on the beginning, middle, and end, too--though writing the middle gets...muddled. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment