It's Good To Be Home

Hi, everyone! I feel like I haven't seen you in a while! I know I posted last week, but I was really on vacation - living it up in the Caribbean for a while. It was lovely there - mid-seventies, light breezes and plenty of ocean and beach to look at...you know when I wasn't chasing RadioMan and bebe around. :)

One of the things I love about vacationing in the winter is that I get a complete change of scenery - we went from negative temperatures and a foot of snow on the ground to mid-upper 70s and sand and ocean...that doesn't happen in the summertime because you're coming from warm into more warm. That change is always invigorating, at least to me.

Another invigorating thing? Reading! I took the time this vacation to really unplug. I had my iPad/keyboard with me because I have to, even if I'm not planning to write I can't not bring them. They sat in the cabinet all week, and I'm completely okay with that. I read - 4 books! - and I played in the sand and the three of us snorkled for the first time. We had way too much food and the Coca-Cola flowed at all hours of the day. There was sunshine to enjoy and there were a few shops to investigate and it really went way too quickly.

But it was also long enough. It was long enough to reconnect with Reader Kristi, who has been a little neglected for the past 18 months or so. It was long enough for my fingers to really get itchy to tell new stories.

This week I'm settling into life at home with loads and loads of laundry, figuring out a new writing schedule and (I'll admit it) sneaking away to my Kindle every chance I get. It feels good to be back home!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I say this about every vacation - but it was the best! We've already started planning another for next winter. :) And this time I'm going parasailing - all because you said it was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed yourself, Kristi! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! The cruise sounds lovely! And you didn't end up on one of those nightmare ships--so, that's a good thing. Although, that might be fodder for a horror novel--way outside your box :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment