Wednesday, February 24
Just a Little Music
I love them all for a lot of different reasons, but in each of them I can see just a little of the musical theme of the books - and no, none of these books are musician related. But, as y'all also know, music plays a part in all my books through playlists.
Post-draft, the books' playlists are filled with songs that remind me of the hero and heroine, their love story, the setting, and many other aspects of the book.
With my Billionaire Cowboys series, a few songs will overlap between all of the books, songs like Elvis' A Little Less Conversation (a song that always reminds me of Las Vegas) and Dierks Bentley's Sounds of Summer (a song I'm slightly obsessed with right now. Here are a few of the songs that are specific to What the Bachelor Gets, the first book in the series:
• Dierks Bentley ~ I Hold On (this is Gage's theme, he definitely holds on to the past)
• Deana Carter ~ I'm Just a Girl (this is Callie's theme)
• Shania Twain ~ I'm Holding On To Love
• Sugarland ~ Something More (the theme to the book - both Gage and Callie are looking for something more)
• Kylie Minogue ~ Can't Get You Out Of My Head
• Kenny Chesney ~ American Kids
• Maroon 5 ~ Daylight
• Chase Daniels ~ Gonna Wanna Tonight
I'm hard at work on books 2 and 3 in the series - can't wait to share more songs and playlists with you all soon! In the mean time, if you're looking for a book that will take you away from the everyday, give Gage and Callie in Bachelor a try!
Buy What the Bachelor Gets: Amazon B&N iBooks KOBO Crimson Romance