What's the Weather like?

Happy Friday everyone!

Today is a random post, mostly because I'm running late in writing it and because I don't have anything in particular to talk about. First thing: prayers to all those suffering from or still in the path of any of the horrible weather, storms, fires, etc. raging through the country. It's no laughing matter, certainly, especially for those who have lost friends and family members, but Mother Nature certainly has a way of reminding us just how small and mortal we are.

It's humbling, even for someone like me who is witnessing it from the safety of the sidelines.

In other weather-related though not nearly as tragic news, the weather around here has taken a chilly turn. And I'm fighting it. Since I'm still unemployed, I see no reason to have to hang up my flip-flops yet. But when I sit at the counter, typing away at my computer, my tootsies are cold. And the kitties all curled up in the bedspread sure are a temptation to join. They know it's naptime weather out there. But they still want me to crack open the window by the counter, where they like to sit on stools and watch/small/hear the world outside. I can't say no to their plaintive little mews, but it makes my toes even colder, and I wonder how I'm going to break their habit before the *really* cold weather hits.

I have a second interview today. And one next week. Plus many applications submitted for consideration with various employers. My Mother-in-Law wished me good luck "if this is what I want." Uhhh... what I really want is to win the lottery and not have to work. But if I'm forced to pick what's behind door number 2, then any of these jobs would suffice. So I spent the afternoon trying to decide what to wear to the interview. What outfit is the perfect blend of professional yet vivacious, adept and creative with a flair for life? And warm enough for the downturn in temperatures? Guess I'll have to slip off the flip-flops for at least a couple hours in order to don more acceptable footwear. After a summer in flats, I think my feet might rebel against being shoved into heels.

The family will be traveling to Disney World in just over a month for our Fall Break. I'm watching Irma, wondering how she'll affect my destination. But she's so close and Fall Break is far enough away that I can't predict and don't want to waste the energy to worry about something I can't control. Instead, I'll send up more prayers for all those in her path.

So, bad weather and job interviews... looks like I'm already missing summer like Nan! ;-)

Comments

  1. Good luck with the job interview. I think. It is a transitory time, isn't it, with everything from work life to which shoes to wear changing on a daily basis. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transitory is a perfect word to describe this time of year and events!

      Delete
  2. I'm in yoga capris, a long-sleeved t-shirt and bare feet right now--I'm having a hard time giving in to long yoga pants, although what's the dif, right? And we're planning a boat ride today, so summer is still kinda possible. I think it'll warm up again before winter (she says as she searches around for her slippers because her toes are freezing!). Good luck on the interviews--I'm sure the perfect job is out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I wear that same kind of combo! Capri pants (linen), long-sleeved shirt, and a wrap I can hug around my neck or sling over the back of a chair as needed!

      Delete
  3. we're transitioning quickly (more quickly than usual!) to fall, too...and I'm not ready to give up my flip flops, either. On the other hand, my boots are kinda lonely in the closet.....

    Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my wintery shoes are a little lonely... ;-)

      Delete
  4. Good luck on your job interviews! I hope you find something that makes you happy and pays you money. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margie! Happiness and money... I would certainly be lucky if I could find both :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment