Letting the Muse Out

Image result for writing confessionby Margie Senechal

My Confession: With the exception of this blog and a few book reviews over on Goodreads, I have not written in weeks.

I have a myriad of reasons excuses. For example, I've been under the weather for a while. As I write this, my head is throbbing from a sinus headache which a collection of drugs and green apples--read that one on FB--have yet to vanquish.

Because of a co-worker's vacation followed by Christmas prep, my schedule's been all over the place. This week I had Monday and Wednesday off. I am too old for split days off. Just saying...

I haven't been inspired. Yeah, I know butt-in-chair works. 

I freeze up when I think about sending Suitcases to be critiqued or read or anything--even though I'm the one who practically begged for writerly sisterhood help. Go figure.

But then today, I was driving and thinking (and wishing my headache would go away) when I heard someone say, "I think I might be plagued by water."


This may or may not be part of Ree's story
Okay, that's actually my thought very often. But, this time the voice was younger than mine. "I was born under the sign of water and it's plagued me ever since."

"Tell me more," I said. And she did.

Her name is Ree and she's bi-racial. She's in foster care and her last chance looks like it might be ending soon. Her solution might seem pretty drastic, but it might also set her on a wonderful new journey.

Image result for pretty mailboxesI don't know if this is going anywhere, but it felt so good to create again. And my Muse seems to be giddy with the release--filling my thoughts and dreams with Ree's secrets.

Watch your mailboxes ladies, Suitcases to follow soon. How soon? Very soon.

Happy Thursday!

Comments

  1. Glad you're creating again. Hope the headache goes away soon. It's tough to put down words when your head is pounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this last night and mercifully woke up pretty much headache free. I'm pretty sure it was sinus-induced, so that's a good thing on all fronts. Thank you for the well wishes!

      Delete
  2. I went for about six months without writing a word. Sometimes the well dries up. But glad to hear the floodgates have opened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got Suitcases and looking forward to reading. Glad your headache is gone. I share your concern about writing, though. When that well Ava mentioned gets a little dry, I start pushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m looking forward to hear what you have to say :)

      Delete

Post a Comment