Christmas in a Small Town by @AuthorKristina Knight

Christmas in a Small Town is LIVE - you can pick it up in print and e formats, from your favorite book retailer, so go forth!

I'm super excited for this book, it's my first 'official' Christmas-themed book, and it's my fifth Slippery Rock title...and it's my 7th Harlequin Suprromance...but it's also bittersweet, because this is my last Superromance title. I'm still so sad that Harlequin has decided to close this line of rich, deep, thoughtful books, but I'm also feeling blessed that I've been able to write these books for the past three years. It has seriously been one of the best times in my life - I've learned a LOT from my editors, and I think I'm a better writer after it all. And Christmas won't be my last book - I've got more coming for you guys, and I can't wait to share that news!

For now, here's a little bit about Christmas in a Small Town:

Running out on her wedding was the best decision ever!

A cheating fiancé sends Camden Harris fleeing to her grandparents’ home in Missouri. When her ex follows, determined to win her back, Camden makes a deal with neighbor Levi Walters: they’ll pretend to be in love and she’ll support his plan to buy her grandparents’ land.

The boy from her childhood has grown up into an impressive man. His charm, good looks and sweet gestures make it difficult for Camden to remember this is fake. And Levi’s kisses only confuse her more.

Buy Christmas in a Small TownAmazon  B&N  iBooks  Kobo  Harlequin/paperback  Harlequin/e-copy


Here's a little snippet from the book: 

“It’s a nice-looking dress, though.”
“Not my style.”
“I find that hard to believe. You wear it too well.”
Because she’d been trained to wear it well. Her mother had started her on the pageant circuit when she was nine, and after her father died, the pageants had become almost weekly occurrences. Still, having a stranger comment on her appearance was nice. Maybe a little stalkery, but nice. “Yeah, well, it’s not like it takes a special set of skills to wear designer clothing.”
“I don’t know about that.”
Okay, that upped the stalker level a little too high. She was not going to let some cowboy in a small town take her to his trailer just because she’d walked out on her old life.
“I’m going to finish this glass of wine and be on my way. You can scurry back over to your buddies now and tell them what a hateful witch I am.”
“You don’t seem all that hateful. Maybe a little sad. But not hateful.” His voice was kind, kinder than she probably deserved after walking away from everything and everyone the way she had done. But she still wasn’t letting a stranger talk her into bed. No matter how sexy his voice sounded in the darkened bar. “You’re wearing a ring you didn’t pick out, and a dress that isn’t your style. Seems to me like this has not been your day.”
“Try lifetime,” she said and twirled the stem of the wineglass between her fingers. And she was not going to keep talking to a perfect stranger about her life. She was not feeling like herself, but she wasn’t completely desperate.
“How much do I owe you?” she asked Merle, who was looking from Camden to the man at the bar and back again.
“Ten dollars,” the older man said.
“I’ll take care of it.”
“I pay my own bills,” Camden said and turned to look at the man standing beside her.
He was tall, built like a football player. His skin was a rich brown, and there were golden flecks in his brown eyes.
And she knew him.
He was taller than she remembered. His shoulders wider. His voice deeper. But the laughter in the gaze was the same, as was the crooked tilt to his mouth. Camden clapped her hand over her mouth. Oh, god, she wanted to sink through the floor of the bar.
Of all the bars, in all the world, why did she have to walk into Levi Walters’s?

If you're ready for a fun, holiday read, pick up Christmas in a Small Town. Happy holidays!  ~Kristina

Comments

  1. Good luck, Kristi! I hate leaving Slippery Rock, but I know you're off for a grand new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new book, and I love the snippet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun excerpt--can't wait to read the book! Congrats, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Kristina! Best of luck with it. I've got to say I'm sorry about the end of Superromance, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment