***My word for the year is actually six of them. Here they are, copied and pasted from another blog.
(1) Acceptance. Because I have the most godawful tendency to dwell on things and not let them go. (Emphasis intended--it's that bad.)
(2) Laughter. Because if you can't get through the day any other way, that's definitely a good one.
(3) Prioritize. Because, you know, I'm not good at it and I need to learn. Right away before I do anything else.
(4) Remember. Because I forget things all the time. Every time I mislay something, the word dementia runs screaming through my mind and even though it's probably an unavoidable rite of aging, I'm terrified of it.
(5) Appreciate. Because I should. Always.
(6) Kindness. Because. Just because.
***I'm starting a new book. The idea has been percolating in my head and on occasional notes for months, yet when I opened a new file, my mind moved inexorably toward blankness. I gave the heroine the wrong name--I'm never going to get to use "Emory Alice"; she won't tell me her story--and have been frozen in place on page three for a week now.
I wonder, as I always have, why not every story needs to be told. Especially when I want to tell it. My profound thought for the day. Have a great week.
Oops, almost forgot...