Things are in Order

by Ava Cuvay

Happy March!!

Hope everyone is doing well. It’s seems like forever since I’ve blogged, and oddly enough I still have very little to talk about. Obviously a reflection on my mundane existence more than anything else, I’m sure.

So what’s going on with me? Well, I’m thiiiiiiis close to hitting the publish button on my children’s book. I recently spoke with an elementary librarian about getting it into their rotation and she asked if it was appropriate for kids. My first thought was oh, boy, what has she heard about Ava Cuvay?! I was going to do it anyway, but another pen name is definitely in order!

I’m anxious to accomplish my children’s book because I need a new cover for my phone. I currently have my His Precious Cargo cover on my phone, which is a great conversation piece. However, it’s not a conversation I should have with the students I substitute teach. So, a more “audience appropriate” cover is definitely in order!

I’m also anxious to publish my kid book so I can get to the first round of edits on my Blood King story. Lots of changes and ideas swirling around my head and I need to get them down “on paper” so to speak. I also want to change the model on my cover. What I have isn’t bad… he just doesn’t grab me by any of my womanly parts. So I’m thinking a sexier guy is in order.

Hubby and I met with our tax accountant last week. We don’t have the final results yet (fingers crossed it’s good news) and the subject of my writing came up as it usually does. Hubby reminded me that the IRS allows business losses for three years before it’s considered a hobby. I told him to go to Hell (in my mind), then explained that as long as I am actively pursuing a career, the IRS will understand why I might not be making bajillions. Yet. However, a solid business plan for how I’m going to achieve that is in order.

So, certainly a lot on my” do-to” plate, and not much on my “done” plate. But enough about me. What’s been going on with you?

Comments

  1. I think it's so exciting you've written a kid's book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Funny how 50 words can take just as much time as 97,000! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your children's book! That is so awesome!! And the tax thing...yeah, we're doing that right now too. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really hurts my heart to see the chasm between my expenses and my income!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the kids' book, Ava! That is awesome news. The tax thing, yep, me too. I'm not sure what Revenue Canada's rules are on these things, but I'm guessing they consider me a hobbyist, too. But I consider myself a professional writer. What do they know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment