So this is Good-Bye

By Ava Cuvay

There is no way to ease into today’s blog topic, so I’ll come right out and say it: this is my last blog as a Word Wrangler.

It’s truly a bittersweet decision. Life is getting too crazy for me to keep up with everything I’m trying to juggle (I blame the tweens), so something or several things need to give. For some reason I can’t figure out, I’m unable to comment on anyone’s post, which has significantly reduced my ability to interact with my fellow Wranglers and all who join us at the corral. And my recent posts – heck, maybe the last couple years’ worth – haven’t been particularly inspired or inspiring.

But I hate having to say “good-bye.” It feels a lot like giving up or admitting defeat, and I don’t like that feeling. So much so that I’ve struggled against this decision for a long while. It’s just a phase… Things will get better… I just need to better plan my time/focus on what I want to say/talk about things that are meaningful/do it all better than I have been… Even the little changes now seem overwhelming and I just have to concede that I can’t do it all, even though I wish I could.

I also dislike “good-byes” because not only do I have to bid farewell to the wonderful readers who visit our blog, but I also have to walk away from the five fabulous gals who have been my fellow Wranglers for so long. They are talented writers and wonderful, warm, supportive, funny, and delightful individuals. And I will truly miss them. While we’ll still connect through Facebook and through their blogs, it won’t be the same and I certainly don’t like that kind of change.

But life moves ever forward, and sometimes the road we need to walk diverges from the paths of our fellow travelers. Which sounds all philosophical and wise, but it’s really just a fancy way of saying I need to make some changes in my life, and stepping away from Word Wranglers is one of those changes.

So, I’ll say good-bye, and wish everyone a wonderful journey in your life. For anyone who wants to keep tabs on me and isn't already following me on facebook, Goodreads, or via my newsletter, I'd love to have you stalk me ;-) Otherwise, may the Muse bless you with written words and author magic. Live long and prosper. Do or Do not; there is no try. And May the Force be with all of you!

Comments

  1. We will miss you, and we'll always be here if you want to come home to visit--we like hearing about the tweens, your teaching, and your writing. Go and be blessed. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to see you go!

    It's weird about the comment thing. I know I can't comment from my phone for some reason (so annoying!), so I always have to wait until I get home and can get on my computer to comment and interact. I wish I knew what the deal was. But, I guess something that gets me on the computer can't all be bad. LOL

    Good luck with all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll all miss you and your delightful sense of humor and charming writing so much , Ava! But life is all about priorities and family always come first. Know how welcome you are if you ever want to guest or heck, even come back to the corral for good. We love ya, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be at peace with your decision because it is what is needed now. It doesn't mean you can't change your mind down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Changes are always hard but from change comes ... change. And that is good. Love you so much. Your Crazy Aunt, East Coast Hottie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to see you go, Ava! But I understand your reasons and I wish you the best of luck with all your future endeavors. Don't be a stranger. Come back as a guest blogger any time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment