The Vee Trilogy by Debby Myers #WordWranglers

 


Hello all! I am honored that Liz invited me to share here today. My name is Debby Myers. I am proud to call myself an author. My writing started when a story I wrote about my grandma Gigi in first grade was published in Highlights and Children’s Digest. That was more than 50 years ago!

I’ve worn many hats. I’m wife to Alan, mom to five, and Nana to five more. I am from Peru, Indiana and have spent most of my life here. I’ve been a flyer in our circus, a radio personality

 for our local station, a director and actor in our theater, and spent 15 years as a manager for Kroger before I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2016.

I've always been a busy person, and MS stopped me in my tracks. I’ve had to reevaluate my path, and during that process, I started to write. I was inspired by two men who pushed me to find time to do this for many years before I actually did. My brother, Jeff, and dear friend Kurt are in heaven now reading my books.

The Vee Trilogy is the story of two families from different sides of the track, literally. Tim and Vee Crawford have a picture-perfect life. They are parents to four children and are lifelong residents of a reputable housing development in Brookton, PA. Georgia and Zeke Hayes struggle to make ends. They move with four of their seven children here from Tennessee, landing in a cul-de-sac for the railroad personnel searching for a better life. In Book One, Vex and Valor, meaning tormented and fearless, the families become introduced through the marriage of their two youngest children – Ella Crawford and Ben Hayes.


Here is an excerpt from the opening of the book:


Curiosity overwhelmed her. It felt like her little heart was beating out of her chest. Up on her tippy toes she quietly peeked out through a crack in the splintered wooden door. The first thing her big brown eyes saw was red…ketchup? No…blood…lots of blood…it was on the kitchen table, on the floor, on the wall. She had to get up higher. She looked around in the dimly lit coat closet for anything she could stand on. A big shoebox holding Daddy’s boots would have to do. From up there…just a little higher, she saw something purple…oh, it’s the jelly from the donuts… running down the wall, coffee spilled on the table, and broken green glass scattered from a coke bottle.

As the story unfolds, the children’s mother is discovered on the patio by a neighbor. She is unconscious and rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Searching for the truth, we watch the families become more entangled as they search for answers about Ella.


In Book Two, Verdicts and Vows, the Crawford and Hayes children are now adults with questions remaining about Ella Hayes.
Opening up with an attack on the family bakery, three masked men torment those inside stacking up charges of attempted murder, sexual assault, armed robbery, and abduction. The robbery tears through the Crawford and Hayes families. A steamy affair sparks friction just as the two families are forced together again at the wedding of Tim and Vee Crawford's granddaughter to Zeke and Georgia Hayes' grandson. The two bloodlines were introduced in book one of "The Vee Trilogy" entitled "Vex and Valor." That first union ended in tragedy. The two families grow together twisting and turning like a Juniper tree.

Here is an excerpt from the opening of the book:

She stepped back to open the swinging double doors. She glanced into the hall, heard laughter, and knew Josie was tickling Lizzie in the playroom. That’s when she heard it, and that’s when she turned and bolted through doors. Then she felt it tear into her breast and fell to the ground.

“Oh my God, no…Meg!” Becky yelled and started to run toward her when she felt something slam into her head. Her glasses fell to the ground, and she followed.

Both books are available on Amazon through the links below. They are also available at Gallery 15 in Peru for a special price.

www.amazon.com/Vex-Valor-Trilogy-Debra-Myers/dp/B08VXLRTCT/ref=sr_1_2?

www.amazon.com/Verdicts-Vows-Debra-Jo-Myers/dp/B0959LJCFN/ref=sr_1_1?

 All of the unfinished narratives in books one and two will be wrapped up in book 3, Verve and Virtue, due out by the end of this year. You will say goodbye to some characters and meet new ones. If you read the first book, you'll want to read them all! Join my Facebook group titled The Vee Trilogy to read more excerpts and stay up to date on my progress.

I’m available for book signings and hope to encourage anyone who loves a good story to wrap themselves up in The Vee Trilogy.

Comments

Post a Comment