Beautiful Thoughts and 30 Things by Liz Flaherty

Yikes, it's Friday! I'm doing the 30 Days of Gratitude on Facebook, but I love the idea of a list, too (thank you, Janie), so here are my 30 that are "off the cuff." 

1. My family, always and forever. Surprise, right?


2. Being a writer and enjoying the company of other writers, especially... 

3. ...the other Wranglers. Friendships are not necessarily dependent on how often we see each other.

4. My west window. 


5. My French doors that face the east--I have a "shotgun" office.

6. Said office.

7. Enough.

8. 60s music.

9. Christmas music.

10. Music I don't like so I can turn it off--which means I'm grateful there's music for everyone, no matter how wrong they are.

11. Seasons. All of them.

12. Coffee.

13. More coffee.

14. Having been a Harlequin writer. 


15. Libraries.

16. Did I mention coffee?

17. Retirement.

18. Writing retreats.

19. Travel with Nan.


20. My political persuasion.

21. My faith.

22. My blue car.

23. Cats

24. Facebook. Yes, really.

25. Mountains.


26. Beaches.

27. Word games.

28. Conversation.

29. Laughing. 

30. Trees.

I end this list with the surprise knowledge that I could have easily made the list much longer and that it only took 10 minutes counting the time to fix most of the typos. I probably left a few so you'd know it was really me. 

I found this poem and got a new thing to be thankful for, because it was written by none other than Lucy Maud Montgomery, one of my literary heroes. 

 Gratitude

I thank thee, friend, for the beautiful thought

That in words well chosen thou gavest to me,

Deep in the life of my soul it has wrought

With its own rare essence to ever imbue me …

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and leaving you with this dishy new picture of my dishy new cover. More information will follow!



Comments

  1. Love this post. I'm grateful for each day and all it provides. All the same, we should make a list occasionally to remind us of how fortunate we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It's a very good idea. I love the 30 Days on FB because it's a daily reminder, but a list is a great idea, too. Thanks, Janie DeVos!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! Especially the repeat items...hysterical, but I share many. I know something else you love - theater. You're a great supporter and we love it when you are in the audience. Plus...I ALMOST got you on the stage! Love ya Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It could yet happen, although I might be a corpse--at least then I wouldn't be terrified of forgetting my lines!

      Delete
  3. Happy thanksgiving, Liz. I'm grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new cover, Liz! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment