The Life of Dreams



by Margie Senechal

So, at my request, I traded blog days with Kristi (thank you, Kristi!) My thoughts being that having Monday off, I'd have time to prepare my blog for Tuesday publication. Guess how that plan worked out? I procrastinate as much on my day off as when I work. Go figure.

I'm stealing this idea from Nan. On her personal blog, Nan posted this question along with her Sunday snippet. "Pick a movie character you identify with."

Her choice was Jo March. And while I love and idolized Jo March in my teen years, there was one movie character I totally wanted to be. 

That is Joan Wilder.  I wanted to be a successful writer living in NYC with my book posters on the wall. I wanted editor lunches in chic NY bars, and a cat to come home to. That was (is?) the dream.

I also wanted adventure and romance with Jack Colton. Or better yet, Michael Douglas. I did end up with my own Michael, so it's all great. 

I still want those posters on the wall in my writing corner. At this point, I'd take just one. 

Oh, and I have the cat. Well, three of them, actually. Or three that reside in my house. None of them are actually mine. They simply put up with me because I'm here. This is a rare shot of all three, Beast, Blaze, and Cali. Beast--the grey one--is a bit of recluse, so to see her out in the living room is always a treat. 

And as for adventure, well that's all in the eyes of the beholder. The Margie in my head would love a little more adventure than chasing down shoplifters. But the real Margie's body--especially her knees--screams NOOOO

So, I'll continue to find my adventures on the page and on the screen--that new Sandra Bullock movie looks like just what the adventure writer ordered.

So, if you had a choice, what movie character would you like to trade lives with? 


Comments

  1. So glad you grabbed the baton! Who I'd like to be is very different from who I identify with. I'd like to be C.J. Cregg from The West Wing--that would so up my cool factor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome--she has more inner strength in her pinky than I have in my entire being. LOL

      Delete
    2. PS--I always envisioned Cregg as Craig. Hmmm

      Delete
  2. I love your choice, Margie! I want to be Joan Wilder, too! I'd love to have an editor take me out for lunch. Or maybe I'm just going to have to take myself out for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I'd have to think on that for a while, Margie. Nice blog, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment