Ch-ch-ch Changes

By Margie Senechal

 Changes are afoot in the Senechal household and our extended family.

 First my oldest nephew (of two) got engaged this past weekend and plans on getting married in November. Congratulations to Evan and Graci. I’m thinking wedding plans are going to be kicking into high gear by the end of the summer, if not before.

 Last week I started a new job. I am now the new Indirect Loan Coordinator for Unitus Credit Union. So far, every day has been a learning experience. Banking is an entirely new language for me. Like indirect means we deal with motor dealerships and not as much with a personal customer. Unless one calls to inquire about their loan payment or a question.

While I had a good job at Walgreens, I’m hoping this will be a great job that will pave my way until retirement. I know my knees are beyond happy with this move. As it is a remote job, I’ll also be saving on gas—not that it was a big deal before because I live just two miles away from my store. Yes, it’s still my store. It probably always will be in my heart.

 

The past two months my writing has taken a backseat as I prepared to get this job. The company is a great company with a really caring upper management and company policies. Not to mention the pay bump that is enough that it will change our quality of life. 

For one, I was able to hire a handyman neighbor to help me get my yard under control. This spring, rain has been relentless—even the Columbia River is threatening to spill over. And it always seemed to rain on my weekends so I couldn’t get out there and mow the lawn or hack away at the blackberries.

A couple of years ago, my apple trees were so heavy with fruit that they simply laid down their branches. I knew I needed someone to come with a chainsaw and cut those limbs back, but it never happened. Until about two weeks ago. I can see the birdhouse in the healthy apple tree from my desk once again.

 I can also see the back of my property for the first time in a very long time (I refuse to be judged by telling you how long). In fact, I discovered my neighbors at the back have stacked wood along our fence line. Who knew?

 I’m hoping by the end of summer, I’ll be able to host bunco on my patio once again. We’ll see. I know how those eggs in the basket have a habit of breaking. 

BEFORE

AFTER
And now, I have just enough time to write for a short spell before I begin work for the day. It’s time to reestablish that habit.

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!



Comments

  1. Man, I wish I could come and play Bunco in your back yard

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm not anonymous, I'm me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Margie! Lots of life changes, but happy ones so very deserved. This blog was a great way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janie. I always feel the same way about your posts--even if I don't always make it to the comment bar. Maybe now that I'm working at home, that will change.

      Delete
  4. Really great changes, Margie. I'm so happy for you and your famiy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment