Sometimes Life is A Little Crazy





Good morning, Wranglers. It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks here at casa di Reinhardt. Between closing up our lake cottage and preparing our city yard for winter, we're hustling. I desperately need to do some fall indoor cleaning here at the city house as well, to get ready for the holidays; that's going to have to wait for now though. But wait, there's more...
Getting ready to winterize the lake cottage


Book promotion is still going on and although I love telling folks about my new holiday release, I worry that readers are going to get sick of seeing my face everywhere... or my book cover everywhere. I still have one more podcast to record and a couple of more book blogs to appear on and then... the New Year happens. Through all of this, I'm also writing Book 3 in the Weaver sisters trilogy and continuing with editing gigs. 

I do adore editing--talking last night to J.C. Kenney and Sarah Burr on The Bookish Hour podcast really brought that home to me. Husband and I had agreed that I would retire the editing business when I turned 70--that's next year! But I'm not at all sure I want to retire from editing. I love helping authors make their work shine, bringing out their voices, and yes, teaching them how to make their own writing better. 

Man, I've just reread this and realized that I'm so scattered today... it's the busy of it all. I just can't seem to focus unless I'm working or writing on my newest WIP--and even then, I get easily distracted... oh, oh, squirrel! I think I need to let go of the belief that this blog is going to become anything worthwhile today... 

Oh, I know! Let's do a list, want to? Five things about November that we love. I'll go first:

  1. Crisp fall air with the scent of wood smoke 
  2. The sound of the breeze in the huge maple next door--I love sitting on the deck and listening to the dry leaves whispering above
  3. Apples, apples, apples!
  4. Cozying in as we prepare for winter--that first fire in the fireplace, putting a blanket on the bed when I make it
  5. Thanksgiving--my very favorite holiday because it's all about food and fellowship. 

Okay, that's me! Your turn. Tell me some things, doesn't have to be five, that you love about November. I've got eBook of The Fireman's Christmas Wish for one lucky commenter, so comment below with your favorite thing about November, and I'll draw a name tomorrow at noon. 

Until next time, stay well, stay safe, and be kind always, you never know whose life you may change with a simple smile,




 


Comments

  1. I have way too many favorite parts of autumn to list, so let me just say the word "crisp" encompasses all of them and covers the senses as well. Breathe, Nan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love about November this year is that I am finally a grandmother! My first granddaughter was born on November 8. She'll fit in nicely with all the other November birthdays in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate, comfy blankets, and kitties wanting to snuggle with the cooler temps. I love Thanksgiving dinner, I look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reply is a little late, but I'm with you, Nan, I just LOVE Thanksgiving. It IS all about the food and fellowship. What's better than the smell of turkey and dressing cooking?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment